Computer Guru's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SyKeD

Reaction score
Hey Everyone

Since i'm capped and i can't exactly find any information on what i wanted to find the answer to... i thought i would ask here ( parents and little sister using the computer so net is x10 as slow)

I have setup Duel screens, Lenovo 17inch. LG 22 or 24 inch widescreen....

Primary Screen : LG Widescreen ( Game Screen )

Secondary : Lenovo ( Msn Screen )

My Question Is: Can i play games and chat on msn at the same time?

My Problem Is: If i decide i want to chat to some one while i'm still in game i have to "Alt-Tab" and then talk then click on my game and start playing and again and so on.

Hope this is not too confusing for any one you.

Cheers,

CJ

Pretty sure you can. I just don't know how, I only used dual screens for about a week or so. I'll ask a friend that always uses them for you though.

What i think you'll find is that the game will "Lock" the keyboard/mouse to one screen and blank the other one out.

And the Alt+Tab is the only way. Or you can game on a console and chat on msn on the PC.

Sorry mate,

Ahhh Damn!.

We'll i hope your not right dreaddie! lol.... because its really going to suck!. Thanks for your reply =)

Any one else got an idea of this?

in your setting i think you can set up two run 2 programs and then your mouse will scroll over to msn when you need and then just click where you want to type. its in your nvidia settings, or desktop properties!. imo its a mad waste of power i had a 30inch n 22inch running. but it looks good but kinda pointless... hope it helps

You can custom set the comp to switch between your game and whats on the other screen. Though I hope your running a serious video card or you'll end up freezing the comp and have to reboot if you switch back and forth to much.

i have dual screens, its not cool to try to do this unless you have one hell of a wicked graphics card and a lot of ram. mine has 526mb graphics card and 4 gig ram and does not cope that well, lots of lagging. i also find that ends up being easier to alt/tab anyway as it becomes much harder to play games if you set up your comp for screen switching during full screen applications.

im running dual monitors on my comp...every time i play a game (COD) the other screen blanks out....im runnina a fairly high end GPU ( 4870X2) and 4 gig ram.....

i have dual screens, its not cool to try to do this unless you have one hell of a wicked graphics card and a lot of ram. mine has 526mb graphics card and 4 gig ram and does not cope that well, lots of lagging. i also find that ends up being easier to alt/tab anyway as it becomes much harder to play games if you set up your comp for screen switching during full screen applications.

I run dual 2G cards and it tends to lag if your playing in full HD and keep switching back and forth. I recommend having a lappy on the side if you want to game and use MSN!

What games are you playing? It'll help if you set the game to play in a windowed mode. You might be able to just push the mouse to the edge of the active window, and it'll "tear" out back onto your desktop.
It'll also make Alt-Tabbing easier/quicker.

It also helps, in the case of playing FPS games, if you hit ESC to pause the game. Leaving the game mid-action puts a massive strain on your memory.

Well i learned the hard way........ Graphics card died..... lolol..... No more duel screens!... And i won't be going back to them for a while.

So today i have to go out and buy a nice $150 graphics card.... Yay... Thanks for all your help everyone.

Was only playing Counter-strike source, Garry's mod....

Ok. Problem 100% solved by a few easy steps, it varies with each program depending if it has the ability to be windowed or if you have to alter the shortcut for it to be in window and not full screen mode. After making it window mode you then maximise it to as big as you can on the one screen.

I have a NVIDIA 9800 GT Silent Cell 1GB GFX with 4GB DDR-3 Ram so I can quite easily do this. I could also run it on a crappy little Radeon 9200.

Happy gaming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back