My new Snake!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

samburden777

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone
Well i got my first Snake on Thursday, a Children's Python
my uncle picked him up for me, from a breeder in Sydney.
he's a great little snake, well im not sure if its a HE or a SHE yet...........
he has settled in pretty well i think, he looks pretty comfortable in his enclosure
I just have one little concern, i noticed yesterday that he has what looks to be like a little bit of old skin on him still from his last shed, my uncle said that the breeder said that he had finished shedding a few days before he picked him up, im just a little worried that something might go wrong already
here are some pics, i tried to get a good shot of the little bit of skin, i hope its not anything to worry about.

Attachments

• DSC02080.jpg
    DSC02080.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC02083.jpg
    DSC02083.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC02085.jpg
    DSC02085.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 160
  • snake 2.jpg
    snake 2.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 184
Nice looking snake. I personally wouldn't be too worried about the bit of skin. Going by the picture it only looks like a tiny bit of skin.

It's nothing to be concerned about, it will come off with his next shed - If it's bothered you, get some paper towel and wet it with luke warm water and just like move the wet paper towel over the the old shed and it'll come off.

If you're worried you could try dabbing it with a damp cutton bud (you know the type that you clean your ears with) to soften it up and it should just come off eventually through him just moving against things, just make sure you don't stress him out too much doing so.

thanks for the reply's, how can you tell if the snake is stressed?
BTW i named him Thor.

Generally when they're stressed they'll go off their food, Also they'll strike out at you whenever you go near them. I noticed that with my M.D when he was younger, left him alone for a couple of weeks and he was fine.

Generally when they're stressed they'll go off their food, Also they'll strike out at you whenever you go near them. I noticed that with my M.D when he was younger, left him alone for a couple of weeks and he was fine.
Well thats good, not once has he looked like he is gonna strike at me, every time i take him out, it seems like he actually wants to be held by me, my sisters and mum have held him, whenever they have, he doesn't move very much, but when im holding him he seems to be very comfortable, he slithers around alot on me.

Well thats good, not once has he looked like he is gonna strike at me, every time i take him out, it seems like he actually wants to be held by me, my sisters and mum have held him, whenever they have, he doesn't move very much, but when im holding him he seems to be very comfortable, he slithers around alot on me.

thats good he's so cofortable with you... its so cool how small a childrens python is when theyre new to theworld.

give him the option of a cool spot, and put a perch in there for him. cool.

Wow. You've got such a good looking snake, it's pretty much the colour I want to get.

hey nice lookin snake.....but watch that tank u got it in.....i had my md in 1 of those and it meltd threw a teatowl...when i pulld the teatowl off it crackd the bottem of it

Congrats :D Wow, I forgot how small they are when they are new :shock:

I know it's exciting, but try to leave it to settle in and don't handle it much in the first couple of weeks.
Some people say that doesn't matter, but I think, why take the chance?
Give it some time, and you won't have problems develop later and then have to fix them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back