Can someone identify this??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raycarpetpython

Reaction score
Well unfortunately we have found what looks like the remains of a dog attack. Just wondering if anyone might know what it is? sorry not the best pics

Attachments

• 30042010165.jpg
    30042010165.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 239
  • 30042010166.jpg
    30042010166.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 239
Brown snake... poor thing

oh ok. I thought they were normally a light colour than that? Or does will it get lighter with age?...Also wondering why the dog/s aren't dead :S

oh ok. I thought they were normally a light colour than that? Or does will it get lighter with age?...Also wondering why the dog/s aren't dead :S

Their colour can vary a fair bit. Nicest eastern brown I ever came across was a wild adult that was almost jet black.

as Aussie.snakes said, their colour can vary quite a lot. Same with any other wildlife.

Dogs, cats and other animals can and do kill snakes without being bitten- some are superb at grabbing/biting/killing snakes without being bitten.

Yes it's a Eastern Brown.
QLD east coast has many different coloured Eastern Browns that are more often grey to black.
Of course there are brown, but regardless of the colour they all have the lighter brown colour head and the pink/red coloured dots on their belly. Cheers

Definately Eastern Brown

A friend has one almost identical, big boffy head and all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back