Question about gecko enclosures/ Housing geckos together

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megzz

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Just doing all my research before I start caring for any reptiles. Forgive the dot point structure I'm just trying to remember everything I had to ask ;)

1. How many of the same species gecko can be housed together? (In a 1200mmx600x600 enclosure for example).

2. Will housing males of the same species together result in fighting even if there is plenty of room?

3. Will smaller/younger geckos be eaten by larger geckos of the same species?

Thanks heaps for your advice

Megz :)

Do you have a species of gecko that you have in mind? The answer to your question will change depending on what you are looking at. Different gecko species can range in size from about 6cm to 25cm which can effect the number in the encloser size. There are a number of species of geckos that the males are very aggressive toward each other and other species that this is less of a problem.

Do you have a species of gecko that you have in mind? The answer to your question will change depending on what you are looking at. Different gecko species can range in size from about 6cm to 25cm which can effect the number in the encloser size. There are a number of species of geckos that the males are very aggressive toward each other and other species that this is less of a problem.
Thanks for replying - I'm still trying to decide to be honest but it will probably be out of thick tailed or knob tailed geckos I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back