WA Woma

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DZeshawn

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Do all West Australian Womas grow up to a max length of approx. 4ft or only those from specific localities?

Would be interesting to know more about their growth rates as well if anyone could provide some feedback on them.

Thanks

wa ad tanami and uluru womas usually grow to about 1.4 meters while sa womas can get to 3 metres butusually 2.5 meters

According to Brian Bush and others and if there are any South West Woma still around they grow over the 2M length

I did gather some info that the South WA womas grow big and are similar to the SA womas.

Thanks for the info.

This would mean that a 3ftL x 2ftW x 1.5ftH enclosure would be sufficient to hold an adult Tananmi or Uluru.....

I'm looking at the Boodaries as well which seems to be a smaller woma compared to other locailites. Anyone here who keeps adult Boodaries over 5 years of age able advise on their lengths?

:)

Our largest Boodaries are only 1100mm long, They are by far the smallest womas

yommy and beeman,

do you guys have records of your boodarie's length over the years showing their growth rate?

thanks

The only records are feeding, shedding and wieghts for breeding.
My animals are the F1 generation and the 1st captive bred from the W/C parents by PP and Trueblue. They are 3+ yrs old now. And will be 4 at this years breeding. I got slugs last season, but this season is looking better male is being cooled more throughly.
They are now all close to 1.8kg where as same time last year they where 1.1kg on average. Size hasn't varied much since last time measure.
animals lengths vary between 1.10m to 1.15m. My animals weren't power fed, just steady growth.
I was fortuneate to see some of the parents and Rob's holdback from that years animals and they are the same and that much bigger.
Power feeding may give slightly larger animals but you'd need that info off someone else.

My animals are basicly the same as Yommy's with the exception mine are all F1 from Pilbarra

Thanks heaps beeman and yommy and good luck for this year's breeding.

Ive got three WA sanfires from snakeranch,the two largest are just over 1.1 Ms TL and just under another is around 3ft, the date of hatching is given as Nov 12 and 17th,09 ,the smaller 11th DEC 09.

re WA

Heres a pic of the baby sandfires,probaby mixed uranium with perlite at snakeranch,they may max out at 3 to 4 metres and ile have to call the US marine corps to have them put down as ive got young kids and cant risk them being eaten no way hose A.
tn__5074944.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back