Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been there once with my Ex. lol. Had a good time when I went there tho. Full day out, it really was cheap for the amount of time you get to spend there. I got a pic holding the burmese python too. Did you want me to post it? lol :p

...I am amazed that people felt disappointed, it is far and away the best Reptile Park I have been to.

I make the hour and a half drive on at least three or four occasions each year.

The open air pits alone hold more native reptiles than many other parks do in their entire collection. They then show (off the top of my head) at least Perenties, Lacies, Roughies, GTP, Netteds, Frillies, Ackies and a handful of Geckos, not to forget the Saltwater Croc...

I don't understand the complaint...

I enjoy also seeing a good collection of Exotics, they're interesting, they're different - and quite frankly, the general public want to see them. That would be the same reason, I would imagine, that they also include a great selection of Aussie mammals. The public want to see them, unfortunately, not too many members of the public are only interested in Reptiles...

People seem to be hung up on the fact it is the Australian Reptile Park, what if it was the Australian Reptile Park? - 'Australian' merely being a name for the Reptile Park..?

I mean I dont hear people whinging about Australia Zoo not only being a zoological institute of Australian mammals...in fact, they promote Tigers and Elephants on a HUGE scale...despite their name.

I have been there once with my Ex. lol. Had a good time when I went there tho. Full day out, it really was cheap for the amount of time you get to spend there. I got a pic holding the burmese python too. Did you want me to post it? lol :p
now,now..play nice kids.. lol.. hi danni, look like matt isnt to keen on having a burm rapped around him..lol. get him used to the coastals first mate..lol..

Nice comment and i totally agree Aslan. Well done.
Hey Tony, he gets a bit nervous still but loves them to bits. Yeah i think he loves Lucian more atm. Hope your good matey. :) :)

Great to hear that you are still getting out and about. I thought that you were brumating, or that your life had become all Dress fittings, floral arangements and seating plans.

You know me, always asking to see the photo's. . . . so how is Lucian.

The entry fee might have only been $24 ea but there is the cost and time of the train trip and yes the $30 taxi fare each way. We at least thought that there might have been a shuttle bus operating from the train station ( which quite a few other animal parks offer ).
As I said it is called AUSTRALIAN reptile park - not Australian and exotic reptile and mammal park.
Australia has such a wide variety of native retiles yet only saw a handful there. We took the time and effort to go there specifically to see native reptiles - as we had heard that this was the place to go. We think that we could have seen as many if not more native reptiles at one of our many herping associates personal collections.
Yes the exotics are very nice to see , and sometimes absolutly brilliant - but we went to Taronga Zoo and Sydney Wildlife world ( which we loved ) to see them.

I am glad that many people have enjoyed the park and this is just our opinion, I know you dont have to agree - it is a case of each to their own.

but you could read it the other way and read it australian REPTILE PARK. because it's a reptile park in australia. i guess we should demand they put a well placed comma in their name so everyone can know what they mean. (not meant to sound snarky. i actually always notice these things. like on water bottles and labels and things and how the meaning changes completely)

featherdale wildlife park seems to be mainly australian wildlife but their reptile house is very small.

Last edited:
i went to the park on sunday aswell, thought it was a GREAT day out, and the misses thought it was the best place she has ever been. very good talks and a great set up with the picnic area amongst the animals, aswell as having alot of the animals outdoors and being able to see them in a more naturalistic set up, i got an awesome picture of a RBBS with a water dragon and turtles all sitting within a foot of each other. i am already planning to go again when it comes around to next years expo.

I am also amazed at the amount of people that think it was a dissappointment.
I know there were alot of foriegners in town and went to have a look and were complaining about the isolation of it. But where else could you get that amount of land clse to a major city? I think its in a good spot.
Maybe it would have been cheaper to hire a car for the day?

I like to try and get a visit in when ever we are heading past. I even have a vid of a turtle walking straight across the top of one of the tiger snakes. Thought it was pretty funny.

Great to hear that you are still getting out and about. I thought that you were brumating, or that your life had become all Dress fittings, floral arangements and seating plans.

You know me, always asking to see the photo's. . . . so how is Lucian.

Hey Tink yes my life atm is dress fittings and wedding things but its all fun. I have put new pics up in both my albums. Hope your good.
Lucian is great thanks for asking growing very fast and eating and shedding great. Love him heaps.

haha, didn't know who would get the joke. :p

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!
borat_not.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back