Gidgee Skinks Birth! (DUW)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jordo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This happened a while ago and I was lucky enough to come home in time for 3 (out of 4) babies being born.
Naturally I grabbed the camera but the long period of time between each baby coming out, plus the speed she popped them out once they did come, made it hard to get decent pics so this was all I managed to snap.
Enjoy :)

Gippsland033.jpg

PUSH!
Gippsland034.jpg

Gippsland035.jpg

Gippsland036.jpg

Gippsland037.jpg

Gippsland038.jpg

Gippsland039.jpg

Eating the placenta
Gippsland040.jpg

With mum
Gippsland032.jpg

that is awesome mate. always wanted to see my old shinglebacks give birth but always missed it. very lucky and truly awesome

Shinglebacks are one of the lizards I haven't busted popping them out yet :(

Thanks for the replies, it's one of the most rewarding things about reptile keeping and seeing these sort of things happen is awesome :)

your so lucky to see this. seeing somthing like this would be so awsome

Wow, what awesome photos! And I didn't know the baby ate the placenta-do you know is that always how it goes?? Thanks for sharing.

Bluetongues and gidgee's eat it so I'd presume most live bearing skinks would.

Thanks, they're going very well, they're little pigs!

:) No probs. Still got a few Sel ;)

pretty amazing! how lucky you got to see it so clear and up close!!!

awsome pics jordo,shingles are pretty similar but bigger obviously when being born,and first thing they do is rip the placenta off and woof it

gawd id hate to be a gidgee if the baby was pushed out backwards,jordo your gidgees have nicer patterning than the norm,most ive seen are alot more subtle patterning wise,do you know locale data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back