Can't win them all!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekRoddy

Reaction score
And, this one....I REALLY wish I did!!!

I have a couple BHP clutches on the ground.

Well, the first one.... is from a female I have yet to hatch eggs from (this year is no exception! haha)

She has always thrown very weak eggs. (They go for a few weeks and drop off one by one.)
Well, this year....I had an egg hang on til the very end......but, did not hatch.

Now.....this is not uncommon but.............
I feel this is........

A solid Black BHP!
DSC05537.jpg

DSC05538.jpg

DSC05541.jpg

The belly......
DSC05540.jpg

Completely void of pattern!

Don't know what happened here....why it would be all black.

This female is from the same group of Lazik animals that throws the Black Backs for me.
Now, this thing looked like it stopped (died) around the 45-50 day mark...judging by the shape and size of the hatchling.

I'm used to this type of things with BHPs but, when you see something as cool as this....you hate to see not pull through.
This female never goes 2 years in a row ....so, I'll have to wait 2 years to try again.:lmao:
Always next time!!!! Damn it!

Cheers,
D.

I've been expecting one of these to pop up sooner or later, but it's sad to see it happen like this! Good luck for your 2012 clutch!

Interesting to say the least, mate that is bad luck, at least you know what you can expect if you can get a good clutch out of her. Good luck in a couple of seasons time.

If you ever successfully hatch one out, what would your plans be for the future of that line?

WOW a totaly black one ( excpt the belly) would be awesome!
Good luck with next season

Very dissapointing for you Derek but next time the odds may be in your favour.
GOOD LUCK MATE

cheers
Roger

Would it not be fair to say that as the animal died before getting to near full term that the colour,patterning was not fully developed at that time also.

black blackheaded

Hi Derek,If you ever produce any I know I would buy them straight away. Have produced some very dark ones but not pure, that has been my programme for the last few years. I have always loved the Chappel Is tigers, being all black and large so have always fantacised about having a non venemous BHP all black. All the best next breeding

Cheers everyone. Thanks for all the good wishes. I'm not all that bummed about it though....I have the rest of my life to mess with these animals.

Would it not be fair to say that as the animal died before getting to near full term that the colour,patterning was not fully developed at that time also.

Hey Ramsayi, If I had not seen at least 10 other BHPs.... at or before day 45-50 days... not make it and seeing them be totally patterned black and white at that stage....I don't think that is the situation. I've cut open a ton of premature eggs as well.... and the babies are usually white with light pink bands.
Just like the ones I cut yesterday at 59 days (just to peak in) babies are already patterned and colored as adult BHPs. They get the banding at around 40 days...as far as I can tell.
Plus, like I mentioned...this is the line that has thrown these for me....several consecutive years.
DSC04656.jpg

If I didn't know what the stages of development looked like inside the egg with BHPs...I might say that.
Another thing I thought was maybe it could be environmental...but, why would I get these black animals from one clutch and not from the others I hatch?

Guess I'll have to wait and see in a couple years! Haha.

Cheers everyone and thanks again for the props.
Hey Pieces20....I'm in the states brother.Haha.

D.

This baby died around the 50 day mark of development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back