Bearded Dragon Breeding Project

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PremierPythons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just a little selective breeding project I'm working on guys...

From our website

Prism Pattern Dragons.

A lot of breeders of Bearded Dragons (including ourselves) selectively breed for colour. From white, red, orange, gold and yellow we have bred lots of different varieties. Last season however, we began trying to breed our dragons for a high geometric pattern. We've coined this pattern 'Prism Pattern'.

The pattern shows itself as very bold hexagons along the dragons' back with light coloured diamonds along each side. The prisms also tend to have a double gold coloured stripe running down their centre.

Photographed below are some of our T2 hatchlings. The pattern does tend to fade slightly as the hatchlings become adults but you can certainly still recognize the pattern easily.

I'm sure you'll agree that the dragons' patternation is truly spectacular. Hopefully the more selective breeding takes place with these dragons, the bolder the pattern will become.

Colour still remains a consideration - the gold colour shows off the pattern nicely. We'll post more pictures as the hatchlings progress. We are eagerly biding our time until we have T3 hatchlings. Hopefully at this point we will start releasing hatchlings for sale.

Attachments

• Feb1015s.jpg
    Feb1015s.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 219
  • Feb1022.jpg
    Feb1022.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 188
what do the adults look like? Id expect that high contrast hatchling patterning to fade as the dragons grow

The pattern does tend to fade slightly as the hatchlings become adults but you can certainly still recognize the pattern easily. It holds up pretty well. Once the T2s have become breeding age we'll post pics.

Nice dragons though i don't really think they are any different,without sounding rude.
I have bred,stripes,patches,connected patches,hexes..............
If you breed the same patterning together I'm sure you will get the patterning you are after,though still normal patterns to me.

Yep Brettix that's the idea mate - to get the same pattern. It's not ground breaking stuff, just a little project...

They do look nice as bubs but I can't really imagine the pattern holding up too well as they age.

Interested to see pics of the adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back