Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Green Tree Python. Wanted one of these for as long as I can remember.
Albino Black Headed Python, I remember seeing a picture of one in a book years ago and I loved it, have no idea what book it was now as I'd love to see the pic again

Scales and Tales featured it in their first mag.
Correct me if i'm wrong

Scales and Tales featured it in their first mag.
Correct me if i'm wrong

I won't say your wrong, I will say that I've never seen a issue of that mag so its not where I saw it, but will definitely keep an eye out for it.

Albino olive - wish I had the funds!
Chappell Is. Tigers
Kimberley local night tigers
Alice Springs mulgas
Rough-Scale pythons

Question for you Syeph8 - why would anyone in their right mind want to keep keelbacks? :p

answer for you mattsnake - i never said i was in my right mind! (but maybe because on occasion i like to be reminded that aussie wildlife can fight back against pests like the cane toad)
question for you mattsnake - seeings as you have night tiger proudly displayed up there in your most sought after category perhaps you can shed light on this for me - boiga irregularis?(obviously subspecies of if it is) or similar species?

Albino olive - wish I had the funds!
Chappell Is. Tigers
Kimberley local night tigers
Alice Springs mulgas
Rough-Scale pythons

Question for you Syeph8 - why would anyone in their right mind want to keep keelbacks? :p
what is wrong with keelbacks(never heard of them b4)

answer for you mattsnake - i never said i was in my right mind! (but maybe because on occasion i like to be reminded that aussie wildlife can fight back against pests like the cane toad)
question for you mattsnake - seeings as you have night tiger proudly displayed up there in your most sought after category perhaps you can shed light on this for me - boiga irregularis?(obviously subspecies of if it is) or similar species?

But have you ever smelt one? lol

Brown tree snake and night tigers are the same species (Boiga irregularis) - Night tiger is just a name given to the banded form of brown trees that are found across the top part of Australia, just given that name because they are banded (like a tiger) and are nocturnal. Hope that helps.

But have you ever smelt one? lol

Brown tree snake and night tigers are the same species (Boiga irregularis) - Night tiger is just a name given to the banded form of brown trees that are found across the top part of Australia, just given that name because they are banded (like a tiger) and are nocturnal. Hope that helps.

yeah that is what i thought. but i havnt done any research so not comfortable saying it with confidence. now i am. and yes have smelled keelbacks. with regular cleaning and no musking it shouldnt present a problem. only one keelback i have seen in captivity, no real funk that i noted (i was paying attention for it as i know the reputation... maybe it was a one of a kind) dottyback has a couple i think, i should pm him and ask about smell

yeah that is what i thought. but i havnt done any research so not comfortable saying it with confidence. now i am. and yes have smelled keelbacks. with regular cleaning and no musking it shouldnt present a problem. only one keelback i have seen in captivity, no real funk that i noted (i was paying attention for it as i know the reputation... maybe it was a one of a kind) dottyback has a couple i think, i should pm him and ask about smell

Yeah your gunna get a horrible smell with all colubrids. I just personally can't stand the smell of keelacks - most will say that common tree snakes smell much worse but keelbacks take the cake for me but you can't really smell them anyway unless you touch them and then can't get the smell off your hands.

In the available stakes I would really like an albino olive (but have to do a LOT of saving) and the unavailable a pair of Morelia Oenpelliensis. Awsome animals.

and the unavailable a pair of Morelia Oenpelliensis. Awsome animals.
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Yeah your gunna get a horrible smell with all colubrids. I just personally can't stand the smell of keelacks - most will say that common tree snakes smell much worse but keelbacks take the cake for me but you can't really smell them anyway unless you touch them and then can't get the smell off your hands.

so far, (touch wood) my CTS and the one i am putting a deposit down on monday have been handled by me on numerous occasions and i am yet to be musked by these two. the one i currently keep has her cage cleaned a little every day except for feed days. i am yet to have any issues with smell. never owned a keelback so i cant say, but i want one, smell or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back