My frustrations...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild_Storm

Reaction score
Well, I did the unforgivable- I dated a non-herper!! After years of living with the fruit-loop, I finally escaped the house of horrors, but the dirty mongrel did the worst thing ever- he killed 5 out of my (& my 9yr old daughter's) 9 snakes and I have my fingers crossed that the other 4 live.

By the time I had moved house (in a frantic, he is at work venture), and started un-packing I found my pair of Blonde-Spotteds (from Coz), my pair of Darwins (one beautiful hypo!! from Reptile Addictions) and my much loved and finally eating Blackhead (that I bred) baby were dead. It was not the transport, as I am very careful with snakes in the car, but even the Bredli and big Blackheads are not their normal selves.

The wailing of my 9yr old daughter yesterday as I broke the news almost made me want to commit murder. And the Police tell me "THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO"... WHAT THE HELL???

Mabey keep them in the fridge and get autopsy's done on them to find out what the actual cause of death was.
So sorry for your loses

Oh My God...
There probaby is nothing they can do, because you dont have any proof he killed them ? Do you have any idea what he did to them ?

I feel for your Daughter, and for you..thats just a horrible thing to do

Hi, well if the police can't do anything!(which i think is a cop out) then try the rspca, i'm sure they would be interested in your story.
I hope you can get some kind of revenge on such an unthinkable act.
And it sounds like you and your daughter will be better off without him! Stick to the animal kind of snake(not the human kind)

Well they were alive when I left the house and had no health problems that I knew of & were dead 24hrs later. No, I didn't see him kill them, but one of the Bredli had a small spot of blood on him (he is still alive as we speak). The ex HATED my snakes, and always used them to make me stay with him... For the last 2 years I copped "If you don't move out here I won't feed the horses, rats or snakes" (well he killed my first lot of rats!!) "If you try to leave I won't let you take the snakes" "I'll kill your snakes if you do this..." Do I think he did something? YES. I had only had the hatchy Darwins for about 6 weeks. There has been no problems with my housing of the animals at any other times, if anything I have always been over the top with my caring for my animals. And yes, I do understand your query, and realise you aren't attacking me.

My Vet said that they had been dead for too long (he thinks they were dead by mid-afternoon on Wednesday- I hadn't even put them in the car at that time!!). My only thought of happiness is I still have his vehicle... I have stopped swerving away from Kangaroos... But I still want to cry & choke him. He is demanding access to his son... I hope he has 60,000 for a Lawyer. I realised too late into the relationship he was a nutter... but WHY kill a snake that couldn't hurt him??

wow, that is horrib;e. my EX was a very similar sort of person. one good thing did come out of this... you and your daughter are safe. i would suggest the same as Lonnie, RSPCA or animal welfare league, they may be able to do something. big hugs for you hun ((()))

what a sick person.. carma will them..im sorry to hear your loss.

oh god, im so sorry to hear that. :(

Could he have sprayed somethign into their enclosures that would have left a residue u could test for?

what an evil person! :(

good luck to you and ur son, things can only get better once uve left a person like him.

sorry im not closer to you. hope theres a few herpers on here close to you that wouldnt mind popping around for a drink (if you get the drift) with your ex.

what the hell.
i would love to go pay a visit to this guy
i feel for you i realy do
this is not a nice thing to tell a kid .
i glad your away for this thing (your ex)
all the best and i hope you are safe and in better company now
i would put his name and number up here and let a few herp nutters meet up with him..
i realy do feel for you
jase the nutt

Get and autopsy done to see if there was foul play and if there was hit the rspca and failing any legal action against him the I would watch the movie hostel (if you haven't seen it) and put some of the lovely techniques in this film to good use. Well thats what I would do if I was in your shoes and did not have a kid to think about. If you have the money I would speak to a good lawyer and make him pay.

That is horrible I'm sorry to hear that some ppl are just so cruel must be tough on you and your daughter. Hope your other snakes are ok.

If you are planning to have something done about it (which would be great) you need to;

- Prove cause of death - which only a Vet will be able to do for you...
- Prove that your Ex CAUSED the death - here you will struggle, in fact, it is near impossible...

This is where your problem lies, evidence of who did what will be near impossible to get your hands on. It isnt fair that people get away with things like this but unfortunately the system does have its flaws.

Despite what the judicial geniuses who have already posted claim, the authorities are not copping out, they merely understand the way the judicial system and evidentiary system work - and it is unfortunate to say that it is stacked heavily away from justice...

The worst part is he has hurt your daughter
You know revenge is a dish best served cold.
Just take your time...you will get your chance
I am so sorry about what has happened.
If this man was capable of this.....killing an innocent animal..and didnt even think how he might hurt your daughter...then he truely is an **** and you have done well to get away from him.

Id try RSPCA even if they can have a look at your Bredli and see what the dot of blood means....might give you some insight inot what he has done to the others.

Can you think of any reason that could be used to put a restraining order on him....even that might give you some satisfaction...and keep him away from you so he cant do anything else.

I am so sorry

Elizabeth

In answer to his wanting access to his son, perhaps you could take out a restraint order, due to the fact that you know he killed your rats, and are sure he killed your snakes, if he can do that, you are afraid of what will be next, you or your son! Good luck toots, I feel for you and hope things can only get better for you now.

try fallin him in a email and gettin him 2 confes bout killing your snakes and then u have all the proof u need....my old neighbour neva used 2 look afta his chickens they wud go a week or more with out food i rang the rspca and he got 3 yrs for it cause 3 of the chickens died u shud do sumthin like that to him he dont deserve 2 be out in the open world........

sorry 2 hear bout it and hop ur alright sad 2 hear it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back