Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting thread. I browsed through and counted 12 people wanting GTP (didn't include those wanting an albino or X).
As a GTP breeder, I am really interested to know what's stopping (you 12) from getting one? I believe some go for as low as $1200.- so, is it the price or the uncertainty of how easy or hard they're to look after or is it to do with licensing?
If you're going to respond to this post, please be serious.

a gtp is on my wishlist and either next season or the one after I will buy one or two. only thing stopping me this year is I've already added 5 snakes to my collection this season and will focus on getting them settled before adding any more.
Hopefully a pair os rsp's too. the other issue is to find the right breeder which judging by some threads on here will take some time.:lol:

Interesting thread. I browsed through and counted 12 people wanting GTP (didn't include those wanting an albino or X).
As a GTP breeder, I am really interested to know what's stopping (you 12) from getting one? I believe some go for as low as $1200.- so, is it the price or the uncertainty of how easy or hard they're to look after or is it to do with licensing?

The price of them isnt the problem, i think they are wll priced.
I'd love a gtp but for me its other thing to spend my $ on first - morgage,bills, 4 kids etc - just as i get in front something comes out of left field that i have to spend the money that i have been saving for a gtp(and albino darwin).
Just the way life is i suppose.

Reposting to include a Pic of the Death Adder.

100_1977.jpg

BUT IF THE MRS HAS HER WAY IT WOULD BE A GREEN TREE PYTHON

Dendrelaphis calligaster, imm easily please..

Agreed!

calligastra +1

Im just gonna call bulldust on this one fellas. once you have a couple of calligaster you will be set? i personally would literally chop off a toe for one of these (and i am very sentimental, especially when it comes to my body parts) but once you have one... what then? im not satisfied that you will be satisfied with just this. especially considering the collections that you both have.

for me it is the fact that, although GTP's are costing less and less. who wants to spend 1200 for a **** GTP, just to have a GTP. its hard to find good quality hatchies for sale that are within my price range. space is also an issue and once i move out of the rental market and into my own house i am adding 20 grand to the mortgage for setting up a propper snake space and a hatchie pair of good quality natives.(already added it onto all my current estimations). i like to have hatchies of any snake im owning for the first time. especially if they do a colour shift during this time

Honestly for me the main hold ups have been the fact that the $1200-$1400 GTP's usually aren't natives, if they where I would purchase one straight away! & prolapse stories..usually throw me off..

I no longer keep any pythons but would love a GTP for strictly pet/display purposes.

Native Green Python is my most sought after snake!

if only ozzy snakes i would say albino black heads
but if any snake in the world i would say Dragon snake probly 1 of the rearest snakes in the world!!!! absolotly stunning google it there anit many pictures around of them but just look at it you will be amazed

wow, albino green tree python? is that white or does it just stay yellow?? i'm trying to imagine it in my head... what would one of those cost?!

For me cost has a lot to do with it. Not having a job I really can't afford to just go out and buy one. Also I live at home with my parents and while I am over 18 I still have to obey rules and that does cover animals. 10 years ago I was very lucky to talk my parents into letting me have a python. 10 years later I have finally gotten my second. I haven't done a lot of research on GTP as at the moment the chances of my owning one are zilch. Hopefully sometime in the future I will own 1 or more, I have always wanted one since I was a kid. Out of curiosity what are GTP like as pets, are they good to handle or just a good python to have on show. Either way doesn't bother me but I have never known what their like to handle.

BHP love them. i get mine at end of this mouth been waiting a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back