Venting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eitak

Reaction score
Ok, so I have two hatchy diamonds which everyone (including my bf) thinks are toys!!! The other night I was at work and came home and they were drunk n had been pulling them out n basically rearranged their enclosures.

The hidings spot were not on the heat matt the branches were were fallen over (so the snakes cant reach the heat light) and I could just imagine them all drunk thinking "oh cute lil baby snakes" YANK. . It jsut makes me angry, I tell my bf all the time they arent toys and if u mess up the enclosure rearrange it because its arranged a certain way for a reason.

AND the other night he had one of them out n I asked were it was and he had forgotten about it!! Luckily it hadn't gotten far and I got him just before he disappearded under and up the couch. Also one of my house mates is a chronic stoner and I hate to imagine what they might do when im not there :(

I know i should lock the enclosure but it has only one sliding glass door not two so im not sure how i would go about that.

*Sigh* Anyway just had to vent :p

It would make me furious too :x

There are locks you can put on that type of enclosure, I'm not sure what they are called, but hopefully someone on here does.

I would lock them and keep the keys with me.

Yes, there are locks for sliding doors. UUmmm if these poor creatures keep getting harrassed they will stress and stop eating...I am sure that you would not want that...then YOU will know what stress is..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, well I have got them in my room now But that doesnt stop my drunk boyfriend. They are still eating well and I am on the hunt for an appropriate lock.

You will get one for about $8.00 at your local hardware of maybe pet shop.

Might be time for a new boyfriend and roomies...

They sound like a bunch of fools...

Short of that just get some elapids asap, they will soon learn they arent toys after a few trips to the emergency room.

Yeah, well I have got them in my room now But that doesnt stop my drunk boyfriend.

I would be putting a lock on my bedroom door as well ;)

But that's just me :lol:

i'd be on the phone to a locksmith real quick, its bad enough that he doesn't care about using the snakes as toys, but to totally disregard your wishes is wrong, my solution would be to find a new boyfriend and housemates...... but i have been told i'm a hard**** at times! but in this situation i couldn't care less

Haha I cant get a new boyfriend, he is a good boy just hopeless and frustrating at times. But yes I am mad at him for not listening like fair enough get them out for a hold but dont mess up the hole enclosure and leave it a mess!! As for new house mates im working on it! four boys and one girl in a house!! UGH . . Luckily people dont often come over for drinks tho maybe once a month.

Its funny though because everyone leaves my adult spoted alone because they are scared of them even though he is a a pussy cat (and tiny in comparision to what else it out there). I just cant wait till they are all grown up then no one will touch them :p

And shellfisch we share a room so cant lock the door :(

LOL, maybe someone can lend you an adult scrubby or a jungle with a bit of attitude for the next 'get together', but we'd want pics of the aftermath

Going by the thread title, I thought this was going to be about cloacal flashing/displaying or passing wind.
Since it's nothing like the former, all I can add is...'the human male brain isn't fully developed until about 21 years of age'.
How old is your bf and flatmates?

If you tolerate that sort of behaviour you'll tolerate anything. Aren't you embarrassed even to discuss such a stupid situation here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back