Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day Barra,

The closest I've seen Kingies is 30km west of Dalby. I got excited one day when a mate called me about a pair of Kingies underneath a watertank at Oakey, so I drove all the way out...only to find two Easterns. I'd say that the one I found 30km west of Dalby would be the edge of their range. We'll have to go for a herp out there, I only got out there once this season, normally head out once a week during summer.

Cheers

Sounds good, been keen to do it for a while. Do you think its worth waiting till it gets cold and do a day of flipping logs and rocks. Or wait till it warms up again and do it by road.

On the note of distributions, in your opinion where is the closest region to see Pale Heads in SE QLD or NE NSW. No need to name roads or properties, eg Betwen Gatton and Toowoomba will do.

I know of someone seeing a pale head near Beaudesert

Thats good to know, do you think they would be neat Jimboomba aswell. Was that sighted during a survey or was it a recreational herp.

Scott do you know how far west red belly blacks have been found?

All you QLDers are so lucky, Brigalow is probably my favourite place I have been to. If you lot go make sure you take heaps of pics, I am keen to see the delma!

Do you mean how west in qld, because there are records of them along the murray river and Adelaide ;)

has anyone kept a bandy bandy in captivity.
Is there any alternative to their food source of blind snakes

The enclosure would be hard to create as well wouldnt it.
Although maybe something similar to an ant farm would work???

Just curious is all

I dunno where Dalby or oakey is but I have found a mulga about 50kms west of Townsville which is on the coast of FNQ.

Channel Country is my favourite place for herping, Brigalow is a close second though.

Yeah I mean how far west in QLD, you don't have any idea do you?

Just curious is all

Yes Jannico Bandy Bandys are in captivity...the ones that I know of are either assist or force fed on pinkie mice.

Just curious is all

I know some one here who has bred them. Kept in click clack same way as others. Fed on rodents but was a challange.

Barra,

I know of a Pale Head found between Ipswich and Gatton, and also one between Esk and Crows Nest.

Give me a call and we'll head out to some spots I know of when I get some spare time. Would be good to catch up.

Cheers

yeah sounds like a plan. What time of year is best, now or when it starts to cool a little more. Might have to bring the fishing gear and have a flick for some bass while we are at it.

It's all over the place mate. Some days we have done really well in 40 degree heat, then the next day found nothing, and the same thing with cooler weather.

Righto like you said, give me a call when you get some spare time and lets hook it up. If we are heading anywhere near creeks I am bringing the rod for a flick aswell. I think I enjoy flicking for bass more than herping these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back