AaE lost my animals -what do l do???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah if they dont give you the packaging id be thinking some little bastard decided to help himself to a package and now owns your animals.
Id contact legal aid or something, that might scare them (legal aid is free) Hehe

Even if theyre story was true, did they run over it with a truck tyre? Cos chances are theyre would have been at least 1 survivor. I think theyre full of... err.... chocolate pudding (too many infractions already)

see what result you get from AAE first before looking at other avenues. If they wont help maybe media would help?

Legal aid is only available to those that earn below a certain $$$$ amount. Their story does sound a little far fetched id be trying to get what remains of the package

Not to detract from your unfortunate circumstance at present, but as has been suggested, at first try to remain clam and non threatening, and see where that gets you.... because AAE has once before considered pulling out of freighting reptiles, if you go stupid and such with lawyers or what not, and they decide to stop the service, I gaurantee you will quickly become public enemy No.1 in the hobby.

Thanks for all the responses guys, it certainly has given me something to think about.

There is no packaging as this happened in Sydney and I'm in Melbourne...but l have been wondering if l should have requested to have the damaged packaging sent to me. Regardless of the internal packagaing the outcome would be the same if they are driven over...dead animals. Still, I'm trying to work out how they managed to drive over a wooden box. AaE have not returned my calls today either. I have rung Consumer affairs and they think l have a case for negligence and compsensation, but first l need to hear from AeE as to what they are going to do about the situation and take it from there.

I have used AAE hundreds of times and to date everything has been satisfactory. The reality is when you put animals, humans and aeroplanes together there is likely to be problems. Before you over react get the facts and any evidence like the package and animals then go from there. Whoever booked and consigned the animals should probably follow up as opposed to the eventual owner. Where did ownership of the animals change? Was the buyer shipping the animals or was the seller?

That is horrible. Very sorry to hear it buddy.

I used to send and recieve livestock (fish) on an almost weekly basis. I have some horrific stories. Lost packages, fish sent to the wrong airports. Alot of the time they are very hard to deal with. As someone said earlier be polite and calm and you will have alot better chance of rectifying the situation.

Good luck.

Alex

Have spoken to AaE earlier tonight and they are now sending out a claim form for the seller to fill out, who is more than happy to do so. So hopefully this will resolve the situation.

BTW AAE have never threatened to pull out of reptile transport, it was QANTAS, they were sick of reptiles not being packaged correctly and getting lost in planes, AAE copped a massive wrap over the knuckles over that as they are responsible for ensuring all animals are correctly packaged prior to sending. I would ensure that I had proof of the problem, such as photos at the least or the package delivered regardless, without it you have no real idea of what damage was actually done.

Have spoken to AaE earlier tonight and they are now sending out a claim form for the seller to fill out, who is more than happy to do so. So hopefully this will resolve the situation.

I've had to claim from AAE 3 times now, each time they put the animals in an unsealed area of the hull (no air pressure and well below 0C). Expect them to try and wiggle out of it. I've had them say things like "tropical geckos are not suitable for freighting as they cannot handle temps under 25C." You should be able to get the claim through with persistance although the shipper may need to claim rather than the reciever (has always been my experience with them.)

AGAIN, AAE do not load the aircraft, they simply add livestock to the manifest and deliver to QANTAS, from there it is actually a QANTAS issue. If the animals are lodged at AAE with appropriate paper work they have done their bit, you should focus your attention to the people who load the aircraft.....

Very sorry to hear about this unfortunate event. Of the hundreds of dealings I have had with AAE, I have only had one or two problems, and the worst was them telling me I could put a snake on a flight, and then telling me I couldn't when I got in. Everything else has gone very smoothly.

It's ridiculous to say that it's the seller's fault for not packaging them correctly - nothing less than a box made of 1" steel plating is going to withstand a truck driving over it! I must admit I have never read the fine print in full, and can't remember if we sign a disclaimer along the lines of "AAE is not liable in the case of mishap, you're sending this at your own risk, baby". If there is something like that we wouldn't have a leg to stand on. We've already had one carrier (Virgin) duck out of the business because of issues, and it would be very nasty for all of us (other than the guy doing road freight :lol: ) if Qantas/AAE opted out too.

I'll echo the other suggestions that for everyone's sake you stay calm, polite and courteous. If you get angry and make silly threats you're going to make them less likely to help you, and possibly even stop their service entirely. Your best bet in all respects is to be calm, considered, rational, courteous and professional. If you're feeling emotional, take the time to calm down before talking to them or taking any action. Difficult, I know, but important.

In an event such as this, who do people consider to be the loser in the case of no compensation? Does the seller refund the money or does the buyer cop the loss? I am fortunate enough to never have had the issue come up, but it would be nice for people to be clear about what happens in case of the unfortunate event occurring. It's certainly a tricky one, as I can't see either side deserving to be out of pocket any more than the other.

Lets take the reptiles out of the equation though...its irrelevant what was in the packaging or how it was bloody packed, how can they be so blaza about any box' falling of the back of a trailor??? Seriously...I just feel sick to the gut! Just awful!! I cant even comprehend it to be honest! Just the most ridiculous thing I have heard! Keep us all informed...

Poor Geckos! Ive never used aae for reptiles..i just avoid it. Will be interesting to see what happens though

We will never find out (if there is amicable outcome) because AaE will get the person to sign stat. dec. that the outcome is to be kept confidential. Speaking from pers. experience.

Sorry to hear about your loss and I hope you do get compensated.

This is why I refuse to ship any animals that I'm selling and I will never buy an animal from interstate.

That sucks, sorry to hear that. You still should have recieved the package damaged or not, you paid for it so it was your property.

We will never find out (if there is amicable outcome) because AaE will get the person to sign stat. dec. that the outcome is to be kept confidential. Speaking from pers. experience.

They never did with my claims. Admittedly, they were not huge claims, all under $1000.

AGAIN, AAE do not load the aircraft, they simply add livestock to the manifest and deliver to QANTAS, from there it is actually a QANTAS issue. If the animals are lodged at AAE with appropriate paper work they have done their bit, you should focus your attention to the people who load the aircraft.....

I made my claims through AAE, they never tried to pass the buck to QANTAS as you are doing.

Sdaji, as a seller, I would reimburse the buyer for the loss, unless I had told them "I don't want to freight but will if you insist."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back