Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akraziatic

Not so new Member
Reaction score
G'day.

My names Akraziatic. I'm a fishkeeper and have been slowly convinced for a while by a friend to give herps a go and now I'm in the position where I feel I can I thought I would start doing the research and getting myself set up for my first python.

Cheers
Mitch

G'day.

My names Akraziatic. I'm a fishkeeper and have been slowly convinced for a while by a friend to give herps a go and now I'm in the position where I feel I can I thought I would start doing the research and getting myself set up for my first python.

Cheers
Mitch
There are a few different pythons that are really good to start out with such as a Childrens Python, Spotted Python and a Woma or a bredli... I have a spotted, and it's a hatchling and it's very nippy still, but there are so many Snake breeders/keepers on here who will be able to give you so much more advice...

Keeping a snake is definately much much easier than keeping a dog.... so you'll have no problems..

Amber

Thanks for the welcome guys. Bare with me for a bit as I will probably be picking alot of brains soon.

There are a few different pythons that are really good to start out with such as a Childrens Python, Spotted Python and a Woma or a bredli... I have a spotted, and it's a hatchling and it's very nippy still, but there are so many Snake breeders/keepers on here who will be able to give you so much more advice...

Keeping a snake is definately much much easier than keeping a dog.... so you'll have no problems..

Amber

I was thinking a Stimson's. My friend was given a hatchy about a year ago and offered it to me because he had other things but unfortunately wasn't in the position :( ... Its sad to say but it sold me with it's puppy eyes. lol.... Yeah I wasn't planning on walking it too often, and I figure much of the husbandry of fish can be transferred simply.

depends, they tend to get a lil p***ed off if you keep em in a brackish tank

I personaly think herps is not a good idea. I started with one and now theres like 10 in the space of 2 years and i think i need to get some more. Those poor fish will have to move out of their tanks to make room if you accidently get addicted.

I personaly think herps is not a good idea. I started with one and now theres like 10 in the space of 2 years and i think i need to get some more. Those poor fish will have to move out of their tanks to make room if you accidently get addicted.

Yes, you need to get some more. That is the only cure--well treatment anywayz. I gave my wife some medicine for mothers day. 2 Morelia Spilota Variegata stat. Few people understand...I pity them.
Welcome to APS Akraziatic.

Have just cleared out 3x 6foot tanks to make room for more snakes! Since Feb have got 4 and i cant see the addiction stopping there!

Welcome to the site Mitch and make sure that when you get your snake that you post pics of it for us all to see ;)

depends, they tend to get a lil p***ed off if you keep em in a brackish tank

Lol. aww really? I thought snakes were endemic to brackish environments.

Yeah I have already realised this is going to get out of hand. As my fish have. I went and checked out Reptile Inc. In Kambah, ACT and there are loads of snakes and lizards on display. I almost walked out with an empty tank but I held off till I get my licence.

Thanks again guys for the welcomes. This place is already starting to feel like a good forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back