Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nico77

Reaction score
I found this pic online and want to know what sort it is and is that a normal colour ?

cheers nico

blue tongue.jpg

Last edited:
G'day Nico,

It's just a Common Blue Tongue (Tiliqua scincoides) and is a little lighter than normal but isn't too unusual either.

Cheers

i think there called centralian blue tongues... upmarket pets at the melbourne market has them i think

As Jonno said common bluie!, Centralian bluies look nothing like
the pic above.

Tiliqua scincoides scincoides (Eastern blue tongue). maybe hypo?

That's an Eastern, by the looks of it - one from Qld.

Asking what a normal pattern is on an eastern is an almost impossible question to answer. They change from location to location. Helikaon has almost patternless easterns, I have a couple of extremely dark ones, one yellow, 2 green, 2 black, 2 grey/white - it's so hard to pin point.

It's a nice Eastern though!

BTW - the term "common BTS" is a really bad one. In melbourne, Blotchies are more common than easterns - so therefore they could be known as common bts. The term "Eastern" is a better one than "common".

BTW - the term "common BTS" is a really bad one. In melbourne, Blotchies are more common than easterns - so therefore they could be known as common bts. The term "Eastern" is a better one than "common".
That's why people should just use scientific names as there is only one for each specie, but with common names there can be many. For example- Brown Tree Snake, Night Tiger, banded tree snake and doll's eye snake.
Thanks Tim

That's why people should just use scientific names as there is only one for each specie, but with common names there can be many. For example- Brown Tree Snake, Night Tiger, banded tree snake and doll's eye snake.
Thanks Tim

I agree - but then for newbies, "Eastern" or "Northern" are easier to remember than scincoides scincoides or scincoides intermedia.
In saying that though, I've been caught out a few times going into threads with titles like "my Eastern is sick" thinking that it's about a bluey yet it's about an EWD or an Eastern long neck.

Thats a hypo melanistic T scincoides from Nth Qld. They tend to have more T.s. intermedia characteristics than southern specimens. They are of course all the one species.

thanks for the replies everybody , feel free to put some pics up if you have some . I am intrested in seeing the different colours that the easterns can be .

cheers nico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back