Mazda 3mps owners

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i;ve had more than my fair share of rotors, still have a s3 with the works,
but the MPS is the mrs car, very nice ride.

got a my08 sp23 luxury.....was going to get a mps but the insurance would have killed me and there where none in the country new according to the dealership! great cars..

we weren't impressed with the sp at all, but the mps is a weapon...
searching for some Cx9 wheels at the moment..
time for the first mods..

haha, definitely not in the same league as the MPS in terms of performance, but good enough for getting from A to B!

i took the mrs out to buy a 6classic, drove the sp, it was poor handling and sluggish.
i've driven an 05 6sport and i was impressed,
so glad she chose the MPS , even though it cost me a small fortune

hahaha, fair enough. driving through the streets of sydney at 60km/ph the sp23 does its job......the evo rapes the mps..if only the mps was AWD..

yea, but an evo is alot more money, and way to much car for the mrs...
she wasn't happy with the sp. i was set on her buying the 6 but she had other ideas..
went from an 04 kia rio to an 08 mps, 1st time driving a turbo, or anything remotely powerfull was my 04 xtL forester. i think after driving that, the sp just didn't cut it.

yea, i had a rather heavy foot as well, but with great power comes great responsibility..
and rx7's doing 250+ accross mooney mooney is not accepted in this day and age.
i'm also told the mps squirts from 110 to 220 very easily. but can't confirm that.

I have just the normal 2009 Mazda 3 hatch. I can't really imagine myself in a turbo car again. Good behaviour driving is a pain! the curfew and stuff it's just not fun.

I want an RX8 when I grow up, but for now, go the Toyota Corolla! :)

Anyone remember an RX3 in Sydney with XLER8 plates? I bought that car when I was 18 and still have it, it went from a 10a auto to a 13b PP 5 speed. My eldest of 3 boys just got his L's which is scary to say the least, I wonder how long it will take them to work out it needs a rotor button?
Steve

i was a rotor nut , but its in the past . my brother still has his rotor [ s6 rx7 with my old t66 hanging off it]
but for me in the future is a turbo`ed ford .

my near future holds an 02 pursuit 250 ute.
5.6L 347ci 500nm factory brembo's
last of the tickfords

think it may need a pair of GT35's

Last dyno day I went to had an MPS with some fairly basic mods and it was putting out around 255hp at the wheels

In stock form the 3mps makes 190kw /255hp
at the wheels that equates to around 155kw / 208hp

i know of a 3mps with bolt-on mods.
Gt35r and manifold
front mount
cold air intake
3" exhaust
on 20psi makes 477hp @ the wheels
thats 355kw :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back