Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, RIP Dio \m/ big metal horns salute \m/

I was originally planning to get to one of the Sonisphere's in Europe this year, mainly to see "the big four" but Heaven & Hell were also a big drawcard for me. As it turns out I can't make it anyway, unfortunately.

Might have to watch a bit of Metal: A Headbanger's Journey tonight & raise a glass in honour.

I just read about it!! :cry: :cry:

I'll ignore the Osbourne comment, we all know Dio was the true Sabbath god (okay so maybe I won't ignore it :lol: ).

But this makes me wonder, who's next? First Pete (sob, gasp, cry), now Ronnie................if I were Ozzy, Lemmy and Rob (Halford), I'd be wetting myself about now................

He's now a holy diver... :*(

There's a Rainbow Rising...

Awwwwwwww... Still I'm sad...

Last edited:
Damn... I just have to say - I can't even name a favourite Dio song... there were do many - but one of my FIRST every albums I ever purchased was:

Rainbow's - Rainbow Rising... and I tell you Stargazer still gives me goose bumps...

Long Live Rock n Roll!

I didn't want to see another tribute song...

But this is perfect (I think)

[video=youtube;lVbL2sc4gdk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVbL2sc4gdk[/video]

(Maybe Next Time) as performed by Ritchie Blackmore....

im sosososooo glad someone made this thread.
got the text off dad at work, had a tribute to him while driving home.
all the sabbath and dio songs i have on my ipod were played at a very loud, and probably illegal level.
but it was worth it.

so good seeing heaven and hell in 2007 was perfect.

wow jacorin - now there's an insight we'd never have thought about...

Perhaps look him up.

Who do you think fronted Black Sabbath after Ozzy Osbourne had to leave because of his drinking (or drugs???).

Your comment seemed more like that of a 17 year old girl... Yet, a 17 year old girl seems to know more of this muso than you (which I must admit I am surprised about).

Regardless of your idea of talent - Ronnie James Dio shaped modern rock the way we know it now and has influenced MANY modern rock bands.

He died of stomach cancer...

Of course - because any metal muso is on drugs :lol: Ronnie James Dio was the vocalist for Black Sabbath for a while, also fronted Dio, Rainbow, Heaven and Hell and many more. He was also the voice of Dr X on Queensryche's Operation:Mindcrime II. Despite the preconceived notions people have about metal and drugs, he was straight. May have drank, who knows, but never into drugs.

Last edited:
RIP Ronnie James Dio :( You will be Missed. Am Shattered.... Thanks for making this thread moosenoose

Last edited:
Thanks for the thread Moosey. Heard about this earlier today, very sad day for metal indeed. RIP Ronnie James Dio

Jacorin- keep your opinions to yourself.

Rest in piece to a metal god...no...a music god!

ok...so is he/she when they're at home???? sounds like ur all crying over some drugged mucked dopehead muso :?:

"See, I think drugs have done some good things for us, I really do. And if you don’t believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a Favour: go home tonight and take all your albums, all your tapes, and all your cd’s and burn em’. 'Cause you know what? The musicians who’ve made all that great music that’s enhanced your lives throughout the years... Rrrrrrrrrrrrreal ******* high on drugs." -- Bill Hicks

Bill Hicks & Dio > Jacorin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back