click clacks or proper enclosure??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to buy supplies cheaper than your local shop and get excellent advice, try HerpShop. They have a range of heating options and thermostats, plus excellent light cages. All stores in my area are much more expensive. Brian will give you good advice if you give a good description of what you are using, animal, etc. Like many others, I prefer a ceramic heat emitter (controlled by probe thermostat) and a normal flouro light globe. I've got an enclosure with a heat panel and flouro bulb, too. My spare enclosure just has a red incandescent for heat and a bit of light - it's not a display, but just someplace to park an animal for a few weeks when necessary.
thanks ill have a look at that

hi
something worth thinking about
you mention a tank in your opening post
just remember glass tanks are very hard to heat, the glass makes things very cold for the snake
regards

Elizabeth

hi
something worth thinking about
you mention a tank in your opening post
just remember glass tanks are very hard to heat, the glass makes things very cold for the snake
regards

Elizabeth
yeh when i said "tank" i meant enclosure/vivarium i just could be stuffed writing it

Globes provide radiant heat such as used by basking lizards.If given the choice snakes dont bask but rather use convection heat which they absorb from warm surfaces such as a warm rock. In captivity the easiest way to provide the heat is with a heat mat or heat cord under a masonary tile.

hi im harrison and i have a childrens if i wanted to couldi put her in a click clack for her whole life and just get it bigger as she does?

no offence but if your 'local' petshop uses & recomends using uv for pythons, it is not a good petshop, they dont know pythons & are out to get your $$$... id be looking at herpshop aswell..

uv light is not needed, i take my pythons out side once a week for 10-15 minutes just for a play in the sun...

they are nocturnal so there for are hiding away during the day and dont get UV light for most of the time, im no expert but its what everyone else on here seems to say.

i personally take mine out and sun him as often as i can (which isnt very often as i am usually at work during daylight hours.. thankyou for ending daylight savings..) but if i had my time again i would have bought an enclosure with UV because barely anything on this planet would be alive without it and if he hides from it all day, then so be it. at least he has the option. just remember you probably wouldnt die without UV but you wouldnt feel 100% either and there can be no study asking the snakes with uv against those without uv how they feel. so i figure whats the harm if you have a smaller collection apart from a few bucks here and there which i am personally willing to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back