Help with my jungle please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

razeunit

Reaction score
Ok, well I have posted this up before but never got a response probably because my description wasn't the best but hopefully someone can shed some light. My jungle has these 2 marks which honestly looks like scabs would be my best description. In the picture its the one in between her eyes and the one directly behind it. They show up yellowish on the camera but really looks more like scabs to me up close. I did wonder if it was a color coming through but i'm not experienced.

Also I swear she was going into shed. Her eyes went milky and he colors seemed dull the other day and she has spent forever in her hide the last 3 days and tonight she does look a little dull but eyes seem clear again. Is this possible or did I imagine it?

Attachments

• 100_0455.jpg
    100_0455.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 171
You need a close up head shot, cant see anything from that pic mate, and yes she definantly has gone into shed. She should slough in about a week from the sounds of it, just dont feed her untill she has shed.

Thanks for the reply. Here is pic close up. It really does look like a color in this pic :/

Attachments

• 100_0482.jpg
    100_0482.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 160
i cant see anything that looks like a scab or anything wrong at all. see what it all looks like after his next shed. i thnk you'll find its just scale colouring

i cant see anything that looks like a scab or anything wrong at all. see what it all looks like after his next shed. i thnk you'll find its just scale colouring

Thanks for taking a look syeph8. She has had it around a month now (I have owned her for 1 happy month :) ) So since I got her.

Last edited:
You need a close up head shot, cant see anything from that pic mate, and yes she definantly has gone into shed. She should slough in about a week from the sounds of it, just dont feed her untill she has shed.

Why wouldnt you feed her if she will take it, There is no harm in feeding a snake on slough at all!!!

You don't just mean the two yellow dots on its head do you? If so it's just its head pattern.

actually, you should never feed when snakes are sloughing. this is because, after a feed, they get a bulge in the body and if they shed with this bulge, they can stop the blood circulation as the shed will be sutting it off because the bulge is big.

actually, you should never feed when snakes are sloughing. this is because, after a feed, they get a bulge in the body and if they shed with this bulge, they can stop the blood circulation as the shed will be sutting it off because the bulge is big.

always fed through sloughing, only ever had one snake that regularly wouldnt take whilst doing so. this has never happened to me once. i can see some logic in your response but am not quite sold on it. i would also need to see evidence of this before i told people not to feed a snake that is willing to feed.

yeah. i see your point but if you search some threads, a member here had fed when shedding and the shed got stuck on where the bulge of the food was and she had to manually take it off before it would cut the snakes bood circulation. you can feed if you want but i personally dont take the risk just incase

Agreed, looks like nothing to worry about, but keep an eye on it. As for her eyes going milky then returning to clear, that does sound like she's had a shed..did you find it in the tank?

They shed their eye scales off a couple of days before shedding their whole body scales, so shouldnt be long

They shed their eye scales off a couple of days before shedding their whole body scales, so shouldnt be long

Total Rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If the keeper has the critters environment right they slough thier entire skin in one hit.
Thier eyes go cloudy then clear and then usually within a week they slough
If you have a look at the head skin after the slough you will clearly see the eye scales!

so when they go from cloudy then back to clear they are still attached? i thought this meant that they have shed the eyes

so when they go from cloudy then back to clear they are still attached? i thought this meant that they have shed the eyes

yup. have a good look at your sheds. you will notice that there is no hole where the eyes are.. its all shed. if the scales are comming off at different times, as beeman was suggesting towards. then perhaps you may need to adjust the humidity and spray a bit more during shedding time

His right, When you feed a large meal to a snake before it shed the skin cant get past the lump and it can cause problem. You have to cut the skin off with a pair of finger nail scizzors. Happens to rough scale python easily.

ah alright, yeh all of my snakes have had the first bit of the shed rolled up so i cant see if the eyes have retained or not, cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back