shedding or not

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fabregasreptiles

Reaction score
hey guys,

a few days ago, my pair of diamonds became very dull in colour and there eyes went VERY milky. now after 3 or 4 days, the colour has become quite yellow again and their eyes normal again. im not sure if they are sheeding or about to shed or not shedding. any suggestions or help???
they havn't eaten for nearly 2 weeks so they are due for a feed but i dont want to feed them whil they areoing to shed as if they shed and i feed, they can cut off the blood circulation.

any help on what i should do, i also have been misting them once a day......

thanks

yeh ive had one of my coastals take about a week or more to shed after the eye scales had been shed once, i think it was the cold, with winter setting in it could be because of this

stop stressing LMAO can be difficult keeping track of it all but there fine mine turn back to normal then its another week or 2 after then they shed. as long as you have something in the cages to help them shed easy then you'll have no dramers at all and you may find all your snakes will she on the same day or a day apart from each other. all mine seam to shed all at once lol pretty cool to watch if you catch them. so yeah sit back and relax they'll sort them selves out when there ready.

Once again they do not slough thier eye scales seperatly!!!
They shed all in one hit!!!
The process is they start to go off color and about a week in thier eyes will cloud then about 4-5 days thier eyes will clear again and usually some time over the next week they will slough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back