Desert Plantation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEWY

Reaction score
A massive thanks to Hugsta for my first amyae.
It makes a great night light in my son's room.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good decorations for this tank. The hide is currently just a box, but I'd like to make a display tank that is as aesthetic and natural as possible. I've been searching for (and would ultimately like) fake spinifex but have come up empty handed so far.
Lately I've been thinking of making decos from real, dead crispy grass held in a mould of plaster or resin.

Any tips, help or directions to places that could help are appreciated.

DSC00890.jpg

aww, hes a cute little bugger,..
unless Hugsta has changed breeders i have 2 year old siblings to urs! :)

i dont have spinifex, but ill take a pic of their enclosure when i get home, they seem pretty happy in there,...

Universal Rocks (in Punchbowl) has some good small rocks that you could cut holes in to make hides and you could always just try sun-dried local native grass (and replace it when needed).

BTW, nice little Amyae!

great amyae! I plan on getting one when I get back! Some of the fake plastic plants look cheap on the shelves but look good once in the enclosure. I've use silk fake greenery from a fake florist before too which looks a bit more real.

Universal Rocks (in Punchbowl) has some good small rocks that you could cut holes in to make hides and you could always just try sun-dried local native grass (and replace it when needed).

BTW, nice little Amyae!

Universal Rocks are gone.They are in the process of moving it all over to the states,Texas I think.

As an aside I notice you have a heap of sand in the tank.Given that they aren't great diggers you could get away with a lot less if you wanted.

look at those sneaky crickets....hows the little land shark spose to get those...

The crickets like to relax where it is warm during the day.
They go exploring at night. They like exploring gecko guts.

@ Chris1
Any pics of your enclosure mate?

@Camt44
Thanks heaps. Having a browse now. They have such a selection.
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back