Photocopy Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew the nails and selleys part was a joke, but i did think that the OP was legit :p Hahah, silly me

I knew the nails and selleys part was a joke, but i did think that the OP was legit :p Hahah, silly me

So what you're saying really is - as far as truth goes I'm clearly not as effective as Tinky in passing fallacies? Oh well I can accept that :)

Some things are far more believable than others I guess :)

PMSL.... Slim, LOVED the video!!! That would make for a VERY interesting workplace injury report!!!!!!

Wait, this thread was a joke?! And here I was about to go and photocopy Monty! :oops:

please dont tell me you named your python monty

i named a python monty, and a CTS trouser. thinking of using cuddles and fluffy at some point too. theyre the best names to call your snake because it shows your not taking life or yourself too seriously IMO. obviously gotta take care seriously though and a snakes not a joke, but if you name them stuff that makes it sound too serious, i reckon its harder to get other people interested in the hobby or even just used to the idea that snakes arent just killing machines.
either way, monty python kicked *** and i name snakes after songs and fictional characters that i like also, y not series? :D

slimy, you have always been a terrible liar and i tried to use your advice with the nails... but do you know how thin a juvenile common tree snake is? :p

slimy, you have always been a terrible liar and i tried to use your advice with the nails... but do you know how thin a juvenile common tree snake is? :p

You are a fool of the biggest nature...

What a class idiot if you're going to nail a juvie common tree snake...

Mate - have you no sense at all?

You just have no idea - you shouldn't even be in herping if you're going to nail a CTS to the floor to measure it...

You use thumb tacks!!!

They're not only cheaper, but reuseable...

Or a stapler - I find using a spring loaded staple gun suitable for furniture is enough - and for less than $30 at Bunnings you can get a fairly decent one too. It just makes sense!

You are a fool of the biggest nature...

What a class idiot if you're going to nail a juvie common tree snake...

Mate - have you no sense at all?

You just have no idea - you shouldn't even be in herping if you're going to nail a CTS to the floor to measure it...

You use thumb tacks!!!

They're not only cheaper, but reuseable...

Or a stapler - I find using a spring loaded staple gun suitable for furniture is enough - and for less than $30 at Bunnings you can get a fairly decent one too. It just makes sense!

thanks mate, ill head down to bunnings tomorrow arvo and give it a shot.
always top notch ideas! dont know how i survived before your advice

i also tried sticking mine in the freezer till it went solid, measuring him and then thawing him out. got the measurements ok..... keep you posted on if i have better success with cryogenics in the future though

You can photocopy your snake. Place it under a plastic bowl allowing it to coil.. There are no adverse effects. I got it from Tim Nias. Was used generally on elapids.

Tinky's Snake Commandments

This is from an earlier post that I thought needed wider distribution for the benefit of all Snake keepers new and old.

1. Before you handle any venomous snakes I take copious amounts of alcohol. The alcohol in your blood stream dilutes and neutralises the venom.

2. If you are unsure, have a look at the snakes vent. Venomous snakes have a larger vent because they can kill and eat larger prey.

3. If you know it is a venomous snake, but are unsure of its temperament; enlist the assistance of your mother-in-law for the first few handlings so that you can properly asses the risk.

4. Do not feed before you handle. That way when you get them out they will be to busy looking for something to eat to be bothered with attacking you.

5. If you place a previous shed over your fingers you will be safe. The snake will think that your hands are its tail and wont bite, (anyway even if it did bite, everyone knows that a snakes fangs cannot penetrate its own scales. It is an inbuilt safety device)

6. Hum while you are handling. The snake will be much more relaxed. My RHP, (Red headed Python, or Ranger Snake), Goes cross-eyed and falls asleep with her toung hanging out.

7. In the unlikely event that you take all of the above advise and still manage to get bitten, then there is a greatly reduced risk of being bitten twice. The snake will have established that you are in fact not food and will feel very embarrassed, (especially if other snaked saw them make the mistake). Your snake will become very shy so will require further handling. The phrase "once bitten, twice shy" has its origin in this interesting Herp fact.

8. Only small snakes can bite their own tail. On longer snakes their tail is too far away from their mouth.

9. Be very careful with your choice of music. Snakes are rural animals, so it is widely acknowledged that they will only respond to Country or Western music.

10. Please submit your tenth commandment

I do not know why these points are not in bold on the first page of all snake books.

Now I am really stating the obvious. Next you will be asking me about how to clip frogs legs so they cannot jump out of their tank.

By the way, I keep dragons which is exponentially more dangerous, because of the poison barb under their tail that they use for defence.
Happy Herping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back