Violin or Cello

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violin or Cello?

• Violin

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Cello

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

potato matter

Reaction score
I have decided to learn a third instrument, but I can't decide which to choose, violin or cello???

Go the cello, the sound is just gorgeous. When you get it right of course ;)

Violin for sure. My bro plays it and I love it. My sister plays the cello. I play the viola and other sis piano.

forgot to add that my sister hates having to lug her cello around... so big and she's so small lol... still it's a chicks instrument.. you wouldn't catch that poof Andre Rieu with a cello ;)

The deep sounds of the cello and double bass are just so awesome, that said I used to play violin, was quite good at it too but gave it up as I didn't have the time to dedicate to the regular lessons and practice at that stage.

I am going to say violin because I used to play. In fact as soon as I saw the title of this thread I got excited because I am actually buying a new viola within the next week myself and start playing again! If you are unsure about a violin but are leaning in that direction then a viola is your next bet, they are basically the same except a viola is just that little bit bigger and has a more mellow sound. The only problem is the range isn't as large as violins, I know what sort of viola I want but they all look pretty much the same, violins come in every colour under the sun.
Cellos are also freaking expensive, I saw some for $10,000 the other week. You can get a violin for $400.

I like the cello way better then the violin. Sure, its bigger. But, the sound that comes from a cello is beautiful.

I like the violin much better than the cello. Yes, cello can be relaxing but you have more variety with a violin in what you play. That and it doesn't cost the earth to have parts of it replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back