New Reptile Tank Question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alias

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, got a new Dalbarb tank this afternoon for my blue tongue setup, it should be here Sunday. But I forgot to see if the top "lid comes off" as I just realized I might have a problem with setting up the heat lamp as it will be resting half on the glass, so i want to put a custom mesh lid on top. Just wanted to know if anyone has this tank and knows if the top comes off, or if anyone can provide some insight into how to setup a basking and UVB lights with the half glass/half mesh thing they have going on?

Thanks heaps ;)

http://dalbarb.com.au/products/Reptile_Tank_Enclosure_122_46_51_4ft-243-56.html

I was thinking I might be able to buy smaller sized lamps to sit on the mesh, or cut holes in the mesh and fix them in place inside the tank. Im really annoyed I didnt think of this in the shop.

Last edited:
the top is more than likely seal and probably only done in silicone, you can use a stanly knife or scalple to cut the silicone and take the top off.

Hi i have one of those enclosures. Nope the top doesnt come off. I have set it up with a small dome heat lamp on one side and the uv light tube running beside the heat lamp on the mesh part. The mesh strip is about 20cm wide so a small dome lamp will do it.

The lid doesn't come off but there is a cable hole in the back - look carefully at the pic in the link. There is a black round bit on the top left corner. I just hang a heat lamp inside (off the mesh top).

Attachments

• rt%20122.jpg
    rt%20122.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 78
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back