Imbricata pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
again cuzz im bored, mundaring female, ill update with pics again when they all finally shed........
mundaringgirl.jpg

Another noob question from me...what's an imbricata? They look the same as our atherton jungles?

Hehehehe

I think Kenshin was getting around to saying that their common name is South western carpet python. Morelia spilota Imbricata is their scientific name... You'll get used to it soon Evozz. I was the same when I got into herps.. People calling childrens pythons "Ants" etc... It helps when the scientific name is similar to the comon name though like Stimi's (stimson python or antaresia stimsoni) either was it's a Stimi!!!!

oh and nice pics Kenshin.. hope you get a job soon mate ;) not too soon though if you're having fun!

oh and nice pics Kenshin.. hope you get a job soon mate ;) not too soon though if you're having fun!

lol screw the fun i neeed cashhhhhhh snakes sending me broke lol, i should be right iv gone for heaps done a fair few interveiws someone should bite soon enough

This is My 16 month old Imbricata, maiden.. What locality do you guys think she is? Bought her in Warnbro :) I also started a thread a while ago on SWCP, there's more pics in there? :)

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
could be a geralton although hard to see without seeing the top of her she does have the lateral stripes like gerros do, to give you an indication of what the last three pics i posted are top one: inland form, middle geralton, 3erd mundaring although the place i got her told me she was mandurah but now that iv seen pics of mandurah imbricata and caught one in serpentine i know she is definatly not from there

yeah, i think she looks like the gero one :) will try n upload another pic

rach id you make a free photo bucket account your not restricted by the sites settings just copy n past the address and the pics will be added

Saved the best till last.

Male from Mandurah

imbricate1.jpg

carpetcolour.jpg

really need some updated pics of this guy. Will get out the cam over the next couple days.

yeah, i think she looks like the gero one :) will try n upload another pic

It looks as if it could be from Geraldton, but that is just a stab in the dark. We here in WA have access to some genuine locality specific animals. Unless the breeder/collector/trusted previous owner tells you where it is from their really isn't much point whacking a locality on, as all it is, is a generalised guess, especially if you plan on breeding and passing off the young as locality specific animals based on an assumption. Not saying this is what you are doing or plan on doing. It just seems to be a popular thing to do lately.

Thanks.

At the moment I have a male from Mandurah and one from Geraldton, and 2 females from Yallingup. So I don't have a locality specific mate for him. i could always put him over one of the yallingup girls when they get some size, but I'm not sure how keen I am on the idea just yet. I'm leaving for Europe for a couple months at the end of next month. So the mrs will be taking care of the snakes/fish while I am away, which shouldn't be too much of a drama. I plan on looking for more of the same locailities when I get back. Tough work here in Perth, especially if you want anything other than a hatchie.

Alex

quiet like the serpentine/mandurah ones i wouldent mind tracking down more mundaring ones as well

garden islands ones are fantastic i wonder if anyone other then armadale reptile park has any

Yeah the mandurah ones are crackers. I think the mandurah and geraldton carpetys are probably the nicest imbricata going around.

Not a massive fan of the hills form (mundaring etc) tend me be very silverish most of the time without much colour. Like taking a black and white photo really. Each to their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back