Living in Netherlands - my new one :D

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayhem

Reaction score
As some of you might know, I had to sell my aussie collection and move overseas recently :(
However, with the bad there does sometimes come the good! I'm now living in Amsterdam (which well, has its benefits in itself if your *that* kinda person hahaha!) and I have already started with a new collection!

I'm back in Aus for a few weeks now and my girlfriend is manning the fort over there and looking after the herps while I tie up the loose ends here with the rushed exit, but I remembered I have a pic on my phone of a newbie, thought I'd post it up :)

Its a baby Burmese, so placid, haven't sexed "it" yet, but not overly fussed cos I arnt planning to breed!

Also, most reptile shops here sell Carpets and I am told many other aussie snakes are avail if you know where to look!

Sorry about the qual, its off my old phone without a decent camera but more to come!

newbie1.jpg

As some of you might know, I had to sell my aussie collection and move overseas recently :(
However, with the bad there does sometimes come the good! I'm now living in Amsterdam (which well, has its benefits in itself if your *that* kinda person hahaha!) and I have already started with a new collection!

I'm back in Aus for a few weeks now and my girlfriend is manning the fort over there and looking after the herps while I tie up the loose ends here with the rushed exit, but I remembered I have a pic on my phone of a newbie, thought I'd post it up :)

Its a baby Burmese, so placid, haven't sexed "it" yet, but not overly fussed cos I arnt planning to breed!

Also, most reptile shops here sell Carpets and I am told many other aussie snakes are avail if you know where to look!

Sorry about the qual, its off my old phone without a decent camera but more to come!

newbie1.jpg

burm.......... couldent you get something fantastic? boelini, Leiopython albertisii start with those out of the pythons then move on and get some of the wicked spp of boa, you also got emerald tree monitors, emerald tree boa's ect then you got all the wicked international colubrids over there!!!!!

i had a play with a burm in malaysia was a very thick snake gonna be an eating machine in afew months enjoy!

Do alot of people speak english there? Or mostly just dutch? Can you speak dutch?

One of my best friends lives there..she can speak english, but only usually speaks english to me..lol
I want to go over there, but its going to be hard not knowing dutch!

Well I have found some Emerald Tree Boas - They're only Euro200 each here (adults) - which in Australian terms is insane lol!
So I think a pair of them will be next on the list!

And no, about the only thing I can say in dutch is "Lekker" which means "Nice/good" hahaha - everyone speaks english here!

Look forward to further pics. Great place Amsterdam, stayed for a week then went back for a few days. Guess I was ' that kinda person ' back then.

yes.. do you take in aussie borders at 'cup' time over there... i need a holiday...

I'm so jealous... I think you and I shifted countries at around the same time, Mayhem. And yet all I've sourced for my Viet collection so far is a hamster named Rex. So jealous.

it would be 'lekker' alright... just have a few jags for me to play with, when i get there..lol..

I've already got a bunch of mates who have hit me up regarding accom at "cup" time lol - however if there are spare rooms, I have spare rent money that needs paying lol! My place is on the canals in central Amsterdam, so perfect for me to help you find your way home in such a state lol

Yeh we did hehehe - I saw ur hamster, it does look rather funky hahaha! However, as I said in ur thread, you should check out the reptile farm in HCM. ;)

Rex may go to my own new acquisition if I can source one - or at least some of his children :)

Mayhem, haven't been down to HCMC yet, but check out the hamster thread again for my last comment to Kenshin - apparently lots of wildlife trafficking goes through that farm. So, if I know their wild caught, can I really justify buying one?

Tell you what - buy me a burmie, and send him this way :) or an emerald...

Rex may go to my own new acquisition if I can source one - or at least some of his children :)

Mayhem, haven't been down to HCMC yet, but check out the hamster thread again for my last comment to Kenshin - apparently lots of wildlife trafficking goes through that farm. So, if I know their wild caught, can I really justify buying one?

Tell you what - buy me a burmie, and send him this way :) or an emerald...

I think the emeralds here for sale are wild caught :( As for the snakes in HCMC, I am pretty sure they breed them there (at the reptile park in HCMC). Just make sure u buy a baby - which I'd definately suggest with a retic in any case!

OMG if you're looking for a nice weekend, go and stay at the Intercontinental Hotel on Westlake there (in Hanoi) - best hotel I've ever stayed at! Drinks by the pool rocked too lol!

Hahaha! Been there already, I can ride to it from my place, which is south of the old quarter about 4km :) You can just go in for drinks and the pool, no need to pay for a room ;)

I'll check out the repti farm asap. The info I got was from a friend in WWF, but I have to say, they're pretty black and white in their policies. I'll go check it out for myself. I agree with you about the hatchies - if they've got a bunch of them the same size, they are probably captive bred.

If your in Viet, drop me a line. I'll be in Europe mid-2011 *wink wink nudge nudge* :)

Heard boa's are a bit tricky to breed, maybe thats why they still catch them wild.
Great choice of snake imo. Love the big ones. I reckon they are a great looking snake, been utubing them alot recently.
How fortunate for you to be able to keep what we call exotics...thats not a plug to make it legal here btw but I certainly would keep them if I moved OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back