Keeping roughies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bpb02

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey all I am looking at getting a rough scale python next season and was wondering if there are any special requirements for these guys I love the look of them and think they would make a great addition to my small collection

I havn't had them for extensive periods of time, but they seem pretty basic to me, I keep them on a rack with antaresia and some other young carpets, very easy to keep, one of mine perches, the other doesn't, I normally don't give anything perches but I like the roughies ;) They're very very cool snakes.

I havn't bothered taking any good photos, they're out of focus and pretty crappy but here you go.
tn_Roughiesandbredli093.jpg

tn_Roughiesandbredli114.jpg

What is the general enclosure set up for them and are they a active snake or do they love to hide 99% of the time

A tub, perch, paper towel, no hide for mine, they perch or go under the paper towel, water bowl, snake.

Um what is your setup. Do they spend any time on the perch or do they just chill out under the paper towl

Couldn't kill em. I keep one in a slitherin python rack. Some verticle space will give them some exercise. here what i keep my hatcho's in to power feed.

Attachments

• Picture 045.jpg
    Picture 045.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 235
is there only one snake in there QLD4800? because that is bloody massive. and have you got any hides?

I just bought one from Snake Ranch - he's coming next week :D I've been wanting a rsp for a while but couldn't justify spending that much money, so its awesome the price has dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back