The dreaded company christmas party... HELP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoceyFisch

Reaction score
So someone kindly volunteered me to plan our company christmas party this year.. thanks alot!

Anyway I was wondering what the best WORK christmas party is that you've ever been to.. where was it, what did you do etc.

I need some ideas on what I can organise for 140 people to do!

I need to start organising this over the next couple of months but at the moment I'm completely stumped for ideas :oops:

Help me help me help me.. please :D

You could ask Joy where she got the adult Jumping Castle Scales & Tails had at the expo last year, stick it in our backyard, and I reckon you've got a hit on your hands! :lol:

No ma.. I don't work with fun people haha.

It might be ok for me and all the site guys but I don't think management will approve unfortunately.

Hey Joc,

Wet n Wild! I remember going there with my mums work Christmas parties and I loved it back then...

Hey Joc,

Wet n Wild! I remember going there with my mums work Christmas parties and I loved it back then...

hmmm....depends whether you want to see any of your work mates in their budgies......:shock: :lol:

hmmm....depends whether you want to see any of your work mates in their budgies......:shock: :lol:

I think i just threw up in my mouth a little...

It's so hard because we have people ranging in ages from 18 - 60 and everything in between.

Last year they had drinks at Jade Buddha in the city and there were SO many complaints from management about it.. but then all the younger people loved it.

The year before wasn't too bad.. dinner, drinks, live band and mechanical surfboard... hmmm.. I dunno!

Do a reptile party. or a function at the zoo. It could be a hit or you will get out of being asked to organize it again.

not sure about up your way but best work xmas party I have been to was a chartered wine and cheese tasting tour with dinner at one of the wineries.
And being 21 at the time it was still pretty fun.

I agree with the....afternoon or lunch...at the zoo idea, what about a river cruise of some sort...a lunch on the boat, or a twilight cruise with finger food and drinks and a band. That way some could "party" if they wanted to, and others could sit more quietly and enjoy the views away from the noise.

Good luck with the planning.. :)

The best I had was a chartered boat out to the reef with a day of snorkling. And a sefood buffet and drinks on the steam back to land....
But if I was going to choose a venue, it would be paintball. When else can you repeatedly shoot your boss and work collegues in the face, and keep your job as well.....

i was about to suggest a harbour cruise ? the best christmas parties ever ? ( everyon e gets slooshed on a boat blind as ? ) but Qld doesnt have a harbour ? depends how far from surfers you could do a pub/ club crawl ?

Afternoon events are good. As staited those who want to kick on can.

I hate cruises. How do you make an excuse and leave when yor stuck on a boat.

Do you have Steam Train ride in yuour area, go the whole period dress up thing, mystery murder.

What about booking out a ten pin bowling alley, (licenced of course)

Actually Joc, get everyone over to Tangalooma. I've been spending some time over there recently and it's brilliant - from the resort, you can go snorkelling, take a quad bike tour, helicopter ride etc, plus there's a pool, bar and restaurants and tons of room. I can put you in touch with some people if you like?

Cheers

Best one I ever went to was at my old bosses house.. Just an awsome house party with a fully stocked home bar, pool table, food, music and absinth! And they paid for everything, including cab fairs

Haha work christmas parties... I dont remember any of mine, but apparently my coworkers all found me quite entertaining...

What about bare-foot bowling and a bbq?

I used to work in Pharmacy, and a whole heap of them went bowling in their PJ's once a year with the oldies at the bowling club, and have a bbq afterwards....I never went, but they all used to talk about what a good time it was.

A Treasure Hunt thingy......you know the type where you get clues to where the next clue is.....that would be fun, but a headache to organise....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back