Creationism..............is a python in fact a snake ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, this is not reptilian but none the less it explains few things. LOL This extract is from an article I have written for the Asian Geographic some years ago. The introduction and the second part was about the life of dung beetles - juicy stuff! They didn't publish it .....

Snails and slugs belong to the class Gastropoda, which first appeared in marine environments in the early Cambrian period. Later, it is believed, many swapped gills for lungs and evolved into terrestrial or freshwater gastropods. Whilst in the ocean, these creatures had no problems with their daily lives and bodily functions but that situation changed drastically once they stepped onto dry land. There was a major problem with their anatomy. The primitive snails had planospiral shells, which were bilaterally symmetrical and looked like a house that is coiled flat on the ground. One can hardly imagine how the poor critters travelled around with this cumbersome coil, not to mention the difficulties they must have had in getting through tight spaces. But awkward mobility was the least of their problems.

These unfortunate creatures were cursed because their anuses were positioned directly above their heads! Being slow on the foot was always a snail’s handicap but the severe helplessness in personal hygiene must have caused deep embarrassment. The poor things kept fouling their faces for millions of years until they were released from their misery by a much kinder evolutionary adaptation - body torsion and an asymmetrical shell. The shell as well as the visceral mass turned, and this not only changed the shape of the shell into that we know in living snails, but it also served to shift the anus to where it supposed to be – at the posterior.

If you wonder why modern snails move around ever so slowly, they are probably just taking their time to enjoy their much-improved lifestyle – at last! Those of you who don’t believe in evolution and think that God created everything – think again, what a cruel joke that would have been!

Michael, I know a few people who STILL exhibit the 'cephalo-anal' thing. The Vatican is full of them...

J.

Pfft next you guys are going to try and tell me the tooth fairy doesn't exist!!!!

Pfft next you guys are going to try and tell me the tooth fairy doesn't exist!!!!

There was a documentary about that recently - I think it followed the life of a hockey star (who looked surprisingly similar to the 'Rock'). Anyway, it debunked any myths associated with the fairy.

These unfortunate creatures were cursed because their anuses were positioned directly above their heads! Being slow on the foot was always a snail’s handicap but the severe helplessness in personal hygiene must have caused deep embarrassment. The poor things kept fouling their faces for millions of years until they were released from their misery by a much kinder evolutionary adaptation - body torsion and an asymmetrical shell. The shell as well as the visceral mass turned, and this not only changed the shape of the shell into that we know in living snails, but it also served to shift the anus to where it supposed to be – at the posterior.

I think torsion is actually what put the anus above their heads in the first place. Snails definatly have their anus above their heads. A few gastrapods including slugs are secondarily detorted so in development their anus begins to shift towards their anterior and then it begins to shift back.

33-18-GastropodTorsion-L.gif

YI think torsion is actually what put the anus above their heads in the first place,

not really, have a look at the planospiral model and a modern snail.

Before torsion they would have had a normal linear digestive tract.

Well, I MUST with all my heart and desire add my 12 cents worth to this thread before it ceases to exist by the creators of this site (or their army of pledged allegiance angels)...

So here it is - noting that I can't use one word answers because brain hurt...

Honestly, I have a brain the size of a planet and it hurts me to think down to your level.

I'm reminded of a line in the best movie of all time....

Geoff Goldblum - before he died plummeting to Earth in a 'fake' website address...

Jurassic Park:

"God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates Man. Man destroys God. Man creates Dinosaurs"

Then a lesbian women opens her mouth and it gets ruined...

Talking of girls... Do you know my theory on why women wear make-up? They're peacocking themselves up... Normally in a species the male is much prettier and has to put on a dazzling display to woo his female counterpart.... the peacock has his feathers, the lion has his mane, the siamese fighting fish has its tail and the horse has a huge.... anyway... What it comes down to is...

Oh... Creationism...

You do realise that if god existed to create us it doesn't really answer 'the question' at all... It merely begins a new chicken or egg situation where the chicken nor the egg could have been created first anyway....

But if god didn't exist and the evidence suggests the 'big bang' - then what is the universe expanding into? And when it shrinks, what does it leave behind?

I'm much happier to suggest - Life DOES NOT exist on any other planet on earth - and you can't use stats to prove me wrong, because you can't prove it.... So -- why do we need to learn at all... We're all created equal... just some far more equal than others... with me being super-equal.

Wholeheartedly agreed...... wellll....... except for the last line!! LOL

:?:?:?:?:?:? errrrrrrr!!!!!!!! am I missing something?

like the fact that they found evidence of bacteria on mars?
although correct that life presently does not exist there, i have been lead to believe there definately was life there that is now dead

Here is an answer to your 'chicken or egg' question.
http://aufiles.creation.com/images/pdfs/cabook/chapter1.pdf
Read from pages 18 to the beginning of 20.

Hmm, I think Dawkins himself summed this up well when he said:
"Evolution is now universally accepted as a fact by thinking people."

Lets just say that I am of the belief that on the off chance that Jesus returns, I have little to worry about. We got him once and we will get him again ;).

Hmm, I think Dawkins himself summed this up well when he said:
"Evolution is now universally accepted as a fact by thinking people." ;).

i'm with you there. Logic and common sence leads you to evolution not some amazing being who has 10,000 different names who magically clapped his hands and created the universe. yeh, and we find it funny that kids believe in the easter bunny. My son said to me just recently "mum, i think this god stuff is wrong, it does not make sense and contradicts science" he is 10years old! I never push beliefs on my children, they learn about different religions and can make up their own minds, luckily my boy is smart.

If God created everything then we can thank Him for: the useless appendix, tooth aches, arthritis and also for most of human suffering and famine as a consequence of the many war fought in the name of God, for God or against God.

Last week I watched on TV millions of Hindus bathing in the Ganges, cleansing their souls in filthy water, dodging the “floaties” (also in their millions) while the Buddhists were dodging wandering cows in the same streets where millions live in famine.

A few months ago I watched a group of Rabbis as they got off the plane at Cairns airport, dressed in their Hassidic “uniforms” in the middle of the summer – what a sight! I am sure these sweaty, hairy penguins came here for a good reason and no doubt their contribution, whatever it may be, will advance Australia’s prosperity.
The Catholics spread their heavenly wings over the uneducated, primitive tribes in many countries around the world with the objective to convert them to Christianity. Those poor souls lost their cultures, traditions, rituals, spiritual beliefs and everything that made them survive for millennia. Many primitive tribes engaged in wars that cost lives, harsh tribal punishment often resulted in deaths and so the do-gooders with the cross on their shoulder stepped in and put the end to the carnage. Apart from introducing far more devastating diseases the tribe people were not immune against, they invariably upset the cycle of life and death and subsequently the population sustainability and balance was interrupted.

The Gods must be crazy.

The flame suit is on. If you don't like what I've said, blame Boa, he started this thread. :D

Last edited:
I'm with you all the way Michael... but it might get a bit hot where we're heading lol!

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back