Sexing my Diamonds (Newcastle / Maitland)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve-83

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi i have two diamonds which i am looking at pairing in a few weeks, I got these about 5-6 weeks ago and i am not overly confident in there sex. I was told by the person i purchased them from that there is a 4.5yr old female and a 3.5yr old male.

Is there anyone in the Newcastle / Maitland area that can probe these for me. I am willing to pay for the service. And would also prefer to do it at my place as they are currently cooling for breeding.

Also is it not a good idea to try and do this why they are cooling? or should i wait afterwoods?

I would just prefer to ensure they are a pair before putting them together as this will be my first attempt at breeding pythons.

At That age the spurs on the male should have large claws, the females will lack the claw

Is the female a good size larger then the male? In all my pairs the female is largest. (could be just my collection)
I keep the males leaner then the females so might be why they dont grow as big.
Looking for claws is useless as they most often both have them, im yet to find a large female who hasnt.
Probing During winter is no different then any other time, takes a few mins and is not stressful on animal.
All my diamonds are currently cooling and will be paired in a few months.
Either way after cooling when you begin introductions, youll know there are pair as if your lucky they will mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back