Stop smoking

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had issues with all the quitting mediums. The patches made my arms swell up, the inhaler/gum/lozenges/CHAMPIX gave me severe throat ulcers to the point where I couldn't swallow. So as a last effort....i spent the 250 dollars to see a hypnotherapist. (Which i was wary of as I actually don't believe in that sort of thing). But it worked. I had 0 cravings. Two months later however I forced myself back into the habit as I have a very addictive nature and swapped my nicotene habit for an alcohol addiction. I realised this was happening as I was going through a bottle of wine a day so chose the lesser-of-two-evils. (Literally had to force myself into smoking again. The first few tasted like ****)

haha thats funny seeing this im on day 4 of Non smoking i have been smoking since i was 12 as well bpb02 i just stopped cold turkey its hard as hell im not sleeping at night and in my case i normaly dont sleep anyway but now its worse, im craving one all the time. i have been told that if u eat bubble gum or lolly pops it helps. oh and if your like me and normaly go out and drink smoking a pack while your out DONT as soon as i had a few beers i just wanted a smoke so bad but i didnt which is good

i started coughing up blood when i was 20 and couldnt sleep cos i was coughing continuously, didnt really have a choice in the matter so i guess my crappy lungs are a good thing after all, ! :)

good luck with giving up everyone, a few of my friends have been trying to quit for years, must be pretty hard cos theyre still smoking,...

I enjoyed Smoking even more on Champix! Even on Double dosages. I am sure the tax we pay would pay for the bionic lung one day!

I kicked the habit after a solid 13yrs of smoking (Nearly 2 packs a day). Whilst it might seem hard for a few months, maybe even the first year, if you soldier on you'll get to a point of wondering why the hell you took it up in the first place. I was sick and tired of trying to quit and failing because many of my friends smoked, and I was always being offered them (really unfair guys! :lol:), so in the end I kept a packet on me all the time and just made a conscious effort not to pull one from the pack. That way I was never short of smokes, I didn't have to take my friends up on their offers and I was in control. Seems a strange way of stopping I agree, BUT I've now been off the smokes for the best part of 15yrs and have never been enticed to go back to them - not even once ;) Yes, there are a few hurdles at the start, but it gets easier. You’ve only got one life, don’t ruin it on smoking!

....plus, you smokers smell like crap! I'd sooner tongue-pash a three-toed sloth :D 8)

As was said, be very careful with the Champix. I tried to quit on them and did quite well, but the tablets ended up making me feel so nauseous I had to stop them and of course, it was straight back on the smokes after that. I gave Champix another try at a lower dosage, but I ended basically wanting to eat cigarettes I craved them that much.

champix made my gf sick, stopped her smoking while on them but had to stop taking them

Ahhhhh... you're all a bunch of quitters!!!

Never stick at anything...

20 years and ive given up maybe a dozen times, but am still on them, its a horrible terrible drug that i dislike, but like at the same time.
i have gone cold turkey, chewies a few times but they just give me ulsers, patchs numerous times, the pills where the best the 1st time round and i would recomend them however the last time on the pills was 6 months ago and i fell so ill, that i couldnt walk in a straight line nor mind drive a vehicle. i was told to stop them immediately after only 1 week. The misses recons i should do hypnotherapy but i recon its a crock. Wont be long until i try again, you never know it could be the last time, i can only hope.
oh well time for durry chow

I smoked for 15 years and just stopped cold turkey 3 weeks ago no drugs, why replace a drug to get off one??? People say drinking is when it hits you hard, I hit the turps hard last weekend and had 2 smokes, I love smoking don't know why I gave it away just did to prove people wrong I suppose!! Can't wait to have a drink on the weekend though and suck 1 down ;)

Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr - 9780141039404 at The Book Depository

Seriously. If you truly WANT to give up smoking. If you are ready. If enough is enough. Buy this book. Read it. It will cure you of your addiction. No nicotine replacement products, no drugs, just cold turkey. It is awesome. It only costs $14 (inc delivery!). Fourteen dollars! That is a pack of ciggies! Thats all!
What have you got to lose?? $14? You're burning that every time you smoke a pack of fags.

GOOD LUCK!!

Ahhhhh... you're all a bunch of quitters!!!

Never stick at anything...

hahahahahaha lots of people i know are on the give up the habit buzzz hardcore smokers @ that
Soon all the non smokers will be complaining as our taxes will go up as the govt get less out of the ciggie tax ripoff & that never stops prices always going up ....soon be a great blackmarket trade to be taken advantage of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back