Pastel/white bearded dragon projects

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I love my pastels and whites and have been pleased with last seasons results. A few of them have turned out really nicely. I'd love to hear about any other projects along the same lines that are happening, and see pickies of what people are working with. Hopefully one day we'll catch up to the rest of the world with bearded dragon morphs - without the yukky diseases!

Here's a few of mine to start off with. Will take some more pickies over the weekend and add them of a few of the others. Anyone working on similar projects please add yours!

Male white/pastel from this season
DSC_0081-1.jpg

Here he is a bit younger with a coloured down one for comparison purposes
DSC_0160.jpg

Female white from last season with yellow female
DSC_0217-1.jpg

DSC_0218-2.jpg

Recent pics of father
DSC_0631.jpg

DSC_0633.jpg

Recent pics of mother and her sister showing difference between coloured up and coloured down
DSC_0336-3.jpg

DSC_0335-3.jpg

Female from my line bred by a friend
DSC_0041-3.jpg

DSC_0035-2.jpg

Wow Saz, they're just stunning. I've always had a soft spot for the white beardies!

I haven't sold any actually. I guess it will depend on the market when I decide to part with some, and the quality of the animals as some are better than others.

hey saz. beautiful beardies!!would love to one day work on a line like that:) do you think you will be parting with any soon?

Not looking to part with any at this stage I'm afraid, I have another two clutches cooking from the same parents but I will be holding onto them for at least 6 months so that I can decide my keepers.

You have some gorgeous dragons there Saz.

Here are a few of my white/pastel/yellow projects.
1st is a pic of some of last years juvies.
2nd is of one of my white males.
3rd is a few of the adults in an outdoor enclosure.
and 4th is some of the whites having a snooze.

I will try and get some individual photos of this years juvies up soon, as there were some really nice hatchlings that popped out this year.

Cheers Ross.

Attachments

• IMG_4131 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_4131 [800x600].JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 283
  • 26265.jpg
    26265.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 312
  • DSCF0124 [800x600].JPG
    DSCF0124 [800x600].JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 347
  • DSCF0051 [800x600].JPG
    DSCF0051 [800x600].JPG
    129 KB · Views: 284
Very nice Ross, would love to see pics of yours from this season.

Here's some more for you, still waiting for the last two clutches, she had four this year from one mating :s They are always smallish clutches mind you.

Another male GAH! So many males! I've got another six males on top of these ones, will have to move some on really. He had poo on his head which was bothering me so I smudged it out of the pic!
DSC_0261.jpg

DSC_0258.jpg

Pics taken this evening of the pastel female with her 'to be' boyfriend
DSC_0254.jpg

DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0228.jpg

Excellent colour Saz! This is my favourite beardie:)

Attachments

• P3270051.JPG
    P3270051.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 269
  • P3180012.JPG
    P3180012.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 234
Lovely beardie Tojo, looks a lot like my Delilah!

Here's yet another pastel male from the same parents, he's got more apricot in him. Probably going to sell this one, too many males this season.

DSC_0161-1.jpg

Compared with lighter male
DSC_0155-1.jpg

DSC_0150-1.jpg

Compared with coloured cage mates
DSC_0213.jpg

Oh wow! Let me see if I can attach pics of my girl.

Im desperately looking for a boy for her... she is 18months at the moment so Im pretty keen to get a male asap to eventually breed with her... if I have to get a bub I will :)... if someone has a male they are willing to part with, we can do some swaps to help both our breeding programs.
I will return a nice white bub to you free of cost :) She is missing a foot but her colour is stunning, she is very white. The only pic I could find is an old pic and she is getting whiter with maturity. Its funny, all this week she has been brilliantly white and today it rains... the day I decide to get a photo of her... she is grey and unhappy looking lol typical. Im keen to breed her as she has very little of any other colour on her and loses more and more colour as she ages... her father was a big white male, her mother unknown (they had rather a large number of females). She was given to me for free as she was missing a foot, she was the tiniest hatchling and at that age showed no signs of being the fantastic white she is today. When she is happy which is most of the time, she is a brilliant white and cream colour with the tiniest hint of yellow on her ears.
Im very keen to get a male if someone could part with one :)

IMG_3649.jpg

The lines are looking pretty good Saz.
what do you mean by this? "bearded dragon morphs - without the yukky diseases!"

heres one of my oldies.
IMGP0002.jpg

Ive seen a couple of stunning Whites from a breeder in Aus, like snow. s

I'm pretty sure Sarah is making reference to the adenovirus that is plaguing overseas beardy collections

I'm pretty sure Sarah is making reference to the adenovirus that is plaguing overseas beardy collections

Adenovirus is likely riot through Australian collections aswell. it originated here, and was first recorded In a wildlife park in Alice Springs quite a while ago in a collection of wildcaught animals.

Your fooling yourselves if you think australian collections dont have the virus, its just we dont have a reliable means of testing for it.

EDIT : please dont take this thread off course, i didnt mean to :p bring out those white phase linage pics!!!! :)

Mate I think it's you that jumped the gun ....

And not once did I say anything about my thoughts about the disease or where it originated
Not the first time in a few days that you feel the need to get an essay of your opinions injected into threads

I guess a welcome back is in order

Hijack-DeNiro.jpg

Adenovirus is likely riot through Australian collections aswell. it originated here, and was first recorded In a wildlife park in Alice Springs quite a while ago in a collection of wildcaught animals.

References? According to my understanding, it was first found in New Zealand in 1982. Source:

Julian AF, Durham PJ. 1982. Adenoviral hepatitis in a female bearded dragon (Amphibolurus barbatus). NZ Vet J. 1982 May; 30(5):59-60

LOL at the pic.

I should have typed first recorded in Australia from animals in an alice springs wildlife park. But you are correct, the first would be the report from New Zealand. the Australian report is dated 2002.

Department of Primary Industries, Veterinary Diagnostic Services, Dr Catherine Ainsworth. 04/03/2002 and 18/03/2002.

i have the papers if you would like to PM me. please stop the hijacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back