New Computer.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Devil

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
My son has been building up a new computer, now finished and works.....

Attachments

• P1000791.jpg
    P1000791.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 203
  • P1000792.jpg
    P1000792.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 172
Nice! What graphics card is he running?

-Will

ATI 5870 maybe?

ha that looks pretty cool, makes me want to design something out of the ordinary for my next PC build..nice work

Where's the monitor??? Obviously eccentricity runs in the Family...lol :) looks pretty cool though!

A monitor, yeah I guess that would help.......are you by chance saying that I'm eccentric, me, just because I ################################################################ and you reckon that's strange......

I have a 22" LG LCD connected, just not in the picture. My girlfriend gave me the idea funnily enough, much to her regret.

PC inside a guitar = no worries :lol:

Kanga7.png

and for the techies out there... PC Specs are;
- Core i7 930 2.87 gHz OCed to 3.81 gHz
- EVGA X58 SLI Micro Motherboard
- 6gb Corsair DDR3 1600mHz RAM
- Thermaltake 700 watt PSU
- Thermaltake ISGC 400 CPU cooler
- Nvidia GTX 285 2gb Super Clocked Edition
- 2x Western digital 320gb Hard drives
- 4x Red LED's in a custom bracket and array for lighting.

Kudos to "The Devil" for his help with the project.
Kanga7.png

i didnt know the 285 came in 2gb now i thought the 295 was like 1918mb or something awell it looks very good (Y)

Nice. Im more of a software person but i really like that. With the little display lights (i think thats what there for =D) will they be shon through a cover or will all the little internal parts be left exposed? Wouldn't that leave them a little over exposed to damage if you did that?

@ Gekambi; The back has a clear piece of perspex on it which holds the intake and exhaust fans. The red LED's are just an aesthetic thing to please me and light things up a bit.

@ Cabotinage; Manufactures of Nvidia's cards started doing 2gb GTX 285's about 3-6 mths after the initial release of the cards.

@ Pinkmus; I am looking at upgrading to a new 400 series card in the next couple of months, just waiting on the prces to come down a bit. :)
Kanga7.png

For a first attempt at something like that it has ended up really cool. I'm think that the budget was well and truly blown.
The perspex with coloured lights are a great finishing touch.

WHO LET THE GEEKS OUT..........:shock:

FIRST we had threads about reptile enclosures in old TV cabinets,
THEN i notice we have a thread about incubators in old Fridges
NOW THIS, PCs in old Guitars.....

WHERE WILL IT ALL END........

now mine just looks boring.....

IMGP0338.JPG

@ Jaxrtfm - lol, not boring, just different (and conventional)...

Yes Dad, budget went a little over, but not too much.

End result = Happy me!
Kanga7.png

@ Jaxrtfm - lol, not boring, just different (and conventional)...

Yes Dad, budget went a little over, but not too much.

End result = Happy me!
QUOTE]

conventional, ..... me :shock: ... Bwwahahaha , yeah right........ have you noticed i'm the only female thats posted here ?

and you should be happy with the end result, but if i win Lotto in my lifetime i reckon i could give some of the PCs in Driftoz's post a run for their money....

wow nice guitar

EDIT : just relised it was a computer :lol:, wow how the hell did he make it !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back