wild coastal kenilworth sunny coast hinterland

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 23122

Reaction score
found this big old guy outside my brothers property at brooloo a little while back ime guessing it was male cause of the shape of his tail just seemed like big old rogue out lookin for a female covered in scars and ticks. There was a fair few loggin trucks comin through and intolerant chook farmer properIMGP2738.jpgties nearby so i took him for a short ride up into the state forest and let him go amongst the numerous cow patties and pine trees.IMGP2740.jpg

good on ya mate. it is nice to see more and more people saving an otherwise threatend herp. great pics to mate.

haha he did indeed infact he was the most aggressive carpet i have ever come across most of the coastals out there i have seen have been completely docile i think from the scars all over him that he had lived a very tough life and i certainly wasnt the first potential predator that he had been faced with, in a way i felt a bit sorry for the big guy lots of people out that way dont have much time for big snakes around their property dont know why? The main reason i relocated him was cause in fornt of us was a caravan full of bums who had had called my brother over several months earlier because of a large carpet under their caravan in which their fox terrier had quickly dispatched they where initially concerned because they had small children running around never mind the the browns.

Its a good area for carpets up there, I found one up there about a month back that just broke the 3m mark...was a very big snake!

ime hearin ya ive seen some some real big ones up in the forestry especially late summer autumn some of them them spectacular others fairly drab also seen a heaps of browns, crowned , and on one occasion some sort of adder, not too mention the feral deer and pigs that roam the hills up there. I
Its a good area for carpets up there, I found one up there about a month back that just broke the 3m mark...was a very big snake!

some of them have got heads like the back of your hand

great pictures, love that area. The family used to have a property around there when I was growing up, always a bit of a suprise to see what you would find each time you went out. Always used to be a few regular's staying in the house, infact probably where my herp interest started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back