N Levis - Exo Terra Setup - With Pics!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MannyM

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know how much everyone loves pics, so I figured i'd take a few of my now complete Exo Terra setup. Thanks to all who helped answer a few of my questions regarding keeping levis and questions on Exo Terra gear. Also a huge thank you to member Twin_Rivers (phil) for giving me a great deal on some of the gear and being very helpful.

Now, without further adieu, I bring to you... Levlandia!!

Exo Terra 45cmx45x45 enclosure with stand
16watt heat wave matt on micro100 ministat
Dual Compact Top with dual night globes

Levlandia

IMG_9782.jpg

Doors are now open for business

IMG_9781.jpg

A closer look

IMG_9785.jpg

IMG_9784.jpg

What mysteries lie in the secret cave... NOTHING!

IMG_9789.jpg

Prep those night vision goggles

IMG_9791.jpg

Residents of Levlandia

IMG_9793.jpg

IMG_9795.jpg

Meet K-9... the Levis who loves a good tail wag!

IMG_9798.jpg

Feel free to ask questions. :)

The set up looks great. Just keep an eye on them at feeding time. If the crickets start hiding in the fake grass and the geckos cant get to them you may need to take it out. Beautiful setup though. Well done.

The set up looks great. Just keep an eye on them at feeding time. If the crickets start hiding in the fake grass and the geckos cant get to them you may need to take it out. Beautiful setup though. Well done.

Yeah, I found I was having that problem, so I just pull it out when feeding. It looks too much of a wasteland without it though :)

Thanks for the advice.

I LOVE Geckos. the set up looks great. is that the Exo Terra Night Glow globe your using?

Yep. There are 2x 25w Exo Terra night globes (the long cylindrical ones) in the hood. They don't give off much light to be honest, though as far as simulating moonlight they're pretty good.

Thanks again Phil! I'm very happy with how it all turned out.

you have done a great job ! that would also be a great setup for some spiney tails, they would love the plants and the background.

Cheers.

One quick question I want some opinions on, if you could please. I have the heat mat under the glass on the front left of the enclosure (the more open area) with the thermostat probe directly above the glass centre of the heatmat. I've noticed that the substrate isn't all that warmer than the other parts of the enclosure so I was wondering if;

1) The substrate is too thick.

2) It's not right to have the thermostat probe in direct contact with the heated glass above the mat as this won't likely give the substrate a chance to heat up.

What are your thoughts?

My opinion would be that the substrate is way to thick if I was you I would heat with globes instead of heat mats then u won't have that problem. Very nice set up mate

Yeah I agree. You either want space and depth for digging, but in that case you'd need to heat with globes from above to ensure the heat is reaching your geckos. If you want to still heat via mat you'll have to remove some sand to make it shallow enough but then they wont be able to dig. So it depends on what options you want available for the geckos.

I've actually moved the thermostat so it's off to the side of the matt so will be reading sand temps and not just the temp of the glass. In addition i've piled the sand over to one side so it's shallow in the warm end and thicker in the cool end. Best of both worlds then.

Hey Manny nice set up,

I have some pilbras and set up in a 3 foot tank simlar decoration as it a display tank. I have one end stacked to about 15cm on sand as my guys really love to be able to dig burrows to hide in. My guess with your heating is that your substrate is a little too thick and the heat is unable to penatrate it. Try thinning it out in one area mine at the heat end is about 1-2 cms in depth and heats nicely and our guys come sit on that at night and when they get to warm or have had enough move to cooler end (being the raised end of about 15 cm). Only learn through trial and error so play around with moving the probe and reducing the substrate in area of the heat mat it will come right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back