My close encounter with a king brown and eastern brown snake at the same time.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought great story too. Ignore the rude people. The majority of people here are usually nice and understanding and like a good encounter story!

Awesome story! It doesn't matter whether anyone thinks it's true, the important this is, it's a GREAT STORY!! :) Ignore the judgement, it happens a lot :)

Some of you should start a group, call it APS lynch mob.

Apart from the size estimations and the species id, the story is quite believable.
Its not uncommon to find more than one animal in birdnetting.
Was the netting laid down as a trap Craig?
I have found many snakes, both dead and alive in birdnetting.
Good on you for getting a snake-catcher in rather than going the chop.
BUT the snake found a hole at the top and climbed out of it and shoot out of the bag and was 30 cm awway from my legs could have easly gotten bitten. I shat my pants hardcore dont think many people get that close without getting bitten.
An experienced catcher would have ensured you were not that close, must have been one the increasing number of recently "trained" snake-catchers,,,
Sheeeit

An experienced catcher would have ensured you were not that close, must have been one the increasing number of recently "trained" snake-catchers,,,

Not on our watch it wouldn't be! One of the most important aspects of conducting a callout is making the situation as safe as possible for all involved. We actually include a checklist in our course manual that includes removing all children, animals and bystanders from the area, with special consideration going to over-confident blokes wanting to lend a hand.

The fact that the catcher used the old poly pipe with some rope through it technique, suggests he is a totally inexperienced catcher who needs to learn some modern techniques :)

Good story buddy most stories are not very good if not slightly embellished lol not saying it was.
Do not worry about the knockers i like to call it small knowledge/person syndrome. It involves attacking someone that you perceive to have less knowledge than you to make yourself look a lot smarter than you actually are. seems to happen a lot on here. You can see the good snake people in the replies that gave info ,the rest well....... they will be out proving there knowledge on another thread that a new person has started..

Do not worry about the knockers i like to call it small knowledge/person syndrome. It involves attacking someone that you perceive to have less knowledge than you to make yourself look a lot smarter than you actually are. seems to happen a lot on here. You can see the good snake people in the replies that gave info ,the rest well....... they will be out proving there knowledge on another thread that a new person has started..
Completely agree, people on this forum really need to have a good look at themselves, they pick on people just to make themselves feel good. It happens allot on here and it really annoys me. If there is one thing wrong with your story people on here feel the need to put you down and as soon as one person does everybody else follows.
Thanks Tim.

I agree, don't knock, all you knockers are wrong, I have seen a couple 8 foot king browns around Brissie, last one I saw was nearly 9 foot, found while out licking toads. I kinda hugged it and passed out, turned out it was just a dead branch when I woke up in the morning.

I agree, don't knock, all you knockers are wrong, I have seen a couple 8 foot king browns around Brissie, last one I saw was nearly 9 foot, found while out licking toads. I kinda hugged it and passed out, turned out it was just a dead branch when I woke up in the morning.
You are one of the people that need to grow up!!!

oh my god... so much for a supportive forum... to those out there who are online-hero's who probably wouldn't feel game enough to say a word in real life, but have everything nasty to say on here - you're ****ers. no doubt about it.

craig, your story was awesome. don't listen to these online-herper toads who feel the need to bring you down to their level. unfortunately, the world is full of ****holes who think they know everything about everything. unfortunately, a lot of them are in this forum. sift through the negative comments for the positive ones. they're the people worth listening to.

;)

Sorry sir. Just thought I would contribute my own bullshit to the thread, I thought that was what this threads for, everyone else seems to be doing it...
The last line that you just said "everyone else seems to be doing it", just backs up what i had stated on my first post on this thread that everyone on this forum follows each other. Don't say sorry, do sorry.
Thanks Tim.

EThugs.png

........8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back