LIVE FEED rov working on the oil leak in the gulf

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

=bECS=

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
heres a link to the live feed of the ROV (remote controlled vehicles) monitoring and working on the oil leak off the Gulf of Mexico.
There are some very clear close up shots at the moment, it looks as if they are trying to block it now.

Live video link from the ROV monitoring the damaged riser

((you might need to install a media player plug in if you havent already))

i am so upset by all this. There were photographs in the paper today of these seabirds absolutely drenched in oil. The sad thing is even if you could wash them off they ahve ingested so much of it they will probably die anyway....it is just so sad..........i certainly hope all the other oil companies are double checking their oil wells to make sure it doesnt happen to them and i hope they burn BP bad.

The sad thing is that even with all of that retribution it doesnt reverse the damage done....I fear all those beautiful wetlands will be lost and iwould imagine some wildlife sepcies may well be wiped out or taken to the brink.

well the live feeds working really well.......shame the same cant be said for the latest measures to plug the leak.

i hope everyone is boycotting BP service stations.....i know it is only a small thing but it is something we can do

dont know how much damage will be done because of the oil. There are huge oil plumes that have remained underwater, which will devastate any marine life. Most oil leaks etc remain at the surface, but because this has happened in deep water some of the oil has remained submerged from what ive read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back