Decc trouble....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LiasisKing

Kel Campbell-Gale
Reaction score
I just though i would post my dilema on here to see if anyone else is having the same problem.
an the 20th of april or so i sent in my record book to the DECC (department of environment and climate change, formerly national parks) via express post, and also in the envelope i had my renewal form, with the credit card details filled out for a 5 year renewal,
yesterday i recieved quite a strong email saying that they had not yet recieved my renewal form, but they had recieved my licence.
i am at at school (or on a bus) from 830 to 430, which leaves me no time to call them,
I understand that its probably easiest to ring them from school, but if ANY teaher sees me on a phone, it gets confiscated until that afternoon.
anyone else had this experience in the past, and if so, how did you resolve it.

maybe ring from the school office, if you tell them what the call is for, they should be reasonable.

Or, throw a sicky, stay home, make the call, and get your herps out in the sun for the day! (with pics ofcourse)

Hey that reminds me....they still haven't got my book back to me. Is anyone else still waiting?

I'm waiting, but i sent mine via express post on the 28th of April, so i expected to wat a while. I hope it arrived in time, and at the right palce.

Will

Try contacting them by e-mail. Give your license number and a brief description of your problem in the subject line. Give all the details you have (receipt number for express post, etc). Explain why you can't call and ask them to check again, as there may be a backlog. They are pretty good about e-mail and can deal with it outside the telephone hours. Good luck!

Still haven't received my new book, & I sent mine in early MARCH! 3 months..

Using registered post is the only way to go.

I've also had problems in the past with DECC in regards to record book returns but I hope they sort things out things time round.

Lets catch up to the rest of the world NSW & get online! (atleast for permits..)

I have got my book back but they sent me a 4 page one! they know i have well over 4 species.. they really need to get their act together in NSW

Wow!, I felt heaps bad cause i sent mine on the 29th, i thought i would get in trouble, but instead i got it back about 1 week later.

Just send them an email, your far better off corresponding in writing just incase of a potential drama, that way you have a record of whats been said

Email them , might be better than getting your phone confiscated ....

Got my book back with in 2 weeks , 30 pages , all good .

how many other people haven't gotten their book back yet, and I sent a change of adress note in with the book as well, so that might be another reason as to why I haven't gotten my book back yet.

Will

Liasisking, can't you get your mum to ring them?

maybe email them would be better as others have suggested.

Like at my work, if people stopped ringing me, I may be able to get some work done lol

wait till a female teacher is on playground duty, then call from the boys toilets, no chance of getting caught with your phone out then.

i had my book returned in just over a week of posting it.
i guess they like me.

i have just called them and they said that the email i got was a "glitch" and thay they were trying to figure out who let the "glitch" happen.
hopefully i get my book back soon with more that 4 pages ... i already have 5 and over the next couple of months i wasn 3 more species !!!
thanks for all your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back