Western Beardie getting agressive

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Battle_jew

Reaction score
ive had my beardie for about 6 months now he has been in his new tank for 3 of them months and in the last 2 days he has been running away from me and even opening his mouth and hissing at me when i try and handle him, i have always been gentle and not let anyone else handle him

any ideas whats causing it
and im wondering how to handle this either give him some space will this make him worse or is it part of a pre-shedding stage where he will be angry??

ideas of whats wrong with my little guy and how can i make him more comfortable?

puberty ;)

just ignore him and handle him anyway. given some time, he'll be back to normal.

ohhhhh my little guy is going though puberty (god the memories there no wonder he is angry)
the thing im worried about also is when he runs away he runs full speed and hits into the glass sometimes will this be hurting him?

Ditto to comment above.
Its annoying when they start having hormone changes, but once they're over it, they'll be back to normal :)

I dont think it will be hurting, but something to keep an eye on.

youv got to play his bluff.
they would never actually hurt you, and when they try it doesnt hurt.
everyone has there moments.

ok its night time now and he has been agressive all day, but once i turn off the lights he is submissive again lets me pick him up etc does this have anything to do with the uv lighting??
im going with the advice of handleing him even if he does hiss and get mad, he lept at me and bit me not painfull at all tho
any other advice??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back