Fish Of A Life Time

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been kayak fishing yet but have next monday and tuesday off work so im planning on taking a mates kayak out with me on the goulburn river or the broken. Cant wait.
Another one my son caught,
This took him 30min to get it onto the bank. Nearly dragged him into the water a couple of times but funny to watch
DSCF0084.jpg

lol victorian barramundi...... dug up some pics from earlyer this year late last year.... havent had a chance to fish lately
PBflatty.jpg

hungryflatty.jpg

gloversnap.jpg

agirlsbream.jpg

first pic is my best flagtail flathead at 61cm which is pretty monster for that species, next is my 2end best at 55cm, a half decent black bream on a soft plastic and then last one is my mrs best black bream on a hardbody

Very nice dude!!!! Would be an awesome experience. Would be freaky something that size on a kayak too

Hey Kenshin, Gotta love ecogear lures for breaming......

Very nice dude!!!! Would be an awesome experience. Would be freaky something that size on a kayak too

Total agree with you.
Still think that your mate that hopped in the water should get the credit ha ha ha.
Iv'e caught heaps of murray cod's but none that big.
Great catch

Hey Kenshin, Gotta love ecogear lures for breaming......

yea mate i love them, and the zipbaits khamzins only the zippys are close to 30 bucks a peice....... i got some of the ecogear cranks to try as i do well on the old atomic hardz as well but havent been fishing yet

gotta get some heavyer gear soon to so i can try my luck at the big boys (jacks, threadfin salmon, bullsharks, barramundi)

another lure style that i only just started using before i left perth that i found i liked was jerk baiting love the rapala's and mirrashads for this so far

Havent been fishing since I moved up to the Sunshine Coast about 6 months ago...I really need to get out and see what the north has to offer!

Havent been fishing since I moved up to the Sunshine Coast about 6 months ago...I really need to get out and see what the north has to offer!

lol swing by and pick me up........

heres afew unexpected captures from a mates boat
babypinky.jpg

chrissambo.jpg

the little pinky was one of about 40 caught that size and abit larger, then the baby sambo went insanely hard on my gear he was really thick across the shoulders thought he was going to break my little 2-4kg loomis and 4lbs braided line/leader smashed a blade

I can smell an APS fish session on the cards for somewhere in the SE, gotta go now as finished work for the day. Matt, Phil, Kenshin have a think about the where and when and lets hook it up. I have 5.2 side console we can get in and hit some tailor up around tipplers and the pin if anyone is keen. Or we can wait till it warms up a bit and hit Somerset for some bass and a herp

I can smell an APS fish session on the cards for somewhere in the SE, gotta go now as finished work for the day. Matt, Phil, Kenshin have a think about the where and when and lets hook it up. I have 5.2 side console we can get in and hit some tailor up around tipplers and the pin if anyone is keen. Or we can wait till it warms up a bit and hit Somerset for some bass and a herp

you can count myself and the wife, have no idea on area's though iv only been living in the state again for the last month all those pics i posted was me fishing in and around perth

Haha you just have to work out the right places to buy lures from. BigW is the cheapest by far!

i prefer hardbodys as well but when its super snaggy or your using ultralite gear and toothy/big fish are around i throw the plastics around i remember a bonito stealing a 20 dollar lure then a 30 dollar one in 20 mins :s

Total agree with you.
Still think that your mate that hopped in the water should get the credit ha ha ha.
Iv'e caught heaps of murray cod's but none that big.
Great catch
Wasn't a murray cod mate. Beautiful big healthy Mary River Cod

Thanks for all the comments guys glad you enjoyed the fish as much as us.

Haha you just have to work out the right places to buy lures from. BigW is the cheapest by far!

dont think there is a bigw in the world that will stock zipbaits and ecogear lures ;) they are high end japanese lures hence the hefty price

lol just re-read the post..... yea i do use bigw for halco's they can be uber cheap there and the old scorps still do the job for around 8 bucks....

Well done! Bloody great catch, and a bloody great story!

Kayak Fishing is great! I did alot of it in America - got onto a nice trophy bass there too!

But my god - your catch is Awesome! Congrats to the lot of ya, thanks for the story and thanks for the pics!

was looking at buying a yak before i left perth, what are you using fuscus?
We have a double Viking for trips with the cheese and kisses and an old battered noname for solo trip. No name is getting near its use by date and I'm thinking of buying :: Kayak Warehouse :: The Sunshine Coast's Largest Range of Kayaks, Canoes and Accessories :: Ocean Kayak : Kaskazi : Necky : Old Town : Perception : Mission : Shark Shield : Solution
I also went out last week and made the mistake of using an anchor, which I normally only do if diving. Trying to put up the anchor, which had snagged, resulted in my flipping the yak. Most embarrassing but didn't lose to much. I didn't like the paddle back against a west wind in wet gear though.

Ha ha ha ha far out thatd be right i was out till 12 on sat night freezn my but of with my mate k an all we got was a unusualy creepy lookin eel lol.very nice cach mate!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back