Water Python Swimming

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakeluvver2

Very Well-Known Member
Banned
Reaction score
Hey

My water python genuiunly likes to swim. Every now and again i fill up the sink or bath and it slithers out of my hands right into the water and submerges itself for a while and yer just has a jolly good time.

I thought it might be a python thing but my darwin hated it and my coastal kinda just went eh.

Anyone had this experience before with any python???

I'm thinking of putting a little pond in his large enclosure that im getting in two weeks.

How much humidity can these guys handle???

I might have to ask for more vents.

your tree snake would do this occasionally too if you gave him a nice deep area to swim in. ask nic for pics of his doing the scuba thing

yer i put him in the water a few weeks ago because he a dam mess with his poo and he was just sitting there on the bottom coming up for breathes every now and again. Ay first i thought he couldn't get out because its so smooth and wet. Then he slithered out and had a look around on the tap then went back in.
after that i've been putting him there a lot more.

My water seems to be very inquisitive and thats why its one of my favourites. He loves to dig through the papertowel and move the water bowel to see whats under that. Its actually really amazing to watch him.

i used to have a large enclosure in the main living room, it housed two large adult olives
when they were comming up for shed i used to get a 50-60L tub and fill it with water and leave it afew feet from the enclosure with the door open more times then not they would calmly cruise out and sit submerged for long periods especially the male

my mate has water pythons that love water and one of my coastals would curl up and just sit in her water bowl, she once stayed in there for a week straight (and no was not mites) but i think it was because i took her up to cairns and she was not used to the heat maybe but anyway i had to confiscate the water off her as she started to get scale rot. just keep your eye out for it.

My waters both have large enough water containers to completely submerge in, and the love it! I've seen them stay in there for an entire day before, just cruising around having a good ol swim! And no, it's not mites!

My waters have a large bowl they love the water I often give them a warm bath They also love to take their rats under water great to watch

funny that water python love water LOL.If you look at there natural habitat,water pythons do spend alot of time in flooded areas,creeks, and billabongs.I have a large container of water in my water pythons enclosure,he does immerse himself in it at times,not as much as you would expect though.
i do chuck him in the bath sometimes,ive found they dont shed properly with out immersing themselves and after an incomplete shed i bathe him and have to pick all the unsloughed skin off,which annoys him lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back