water python setup

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptiledude1

Reaction score
hi guys just got a pair of water pythons i have them in a basic setup but i want to do a full nice setup in mabey like a 5 ft aqaurium with a water section and water falls post pics up of your water python setups.cheers

Hey mate Im interested in this too.
They are generally considered a terrestrial species and to just keep them that way as well.
I've noticed acutally likes to swim and ill be setting up a small water tank in large enclosure when i get it.
Might have to watch the humidity though.

Hey mate Im interested in this too.
They are generally considered a terrestrial species and to just keep them that way as well.
I've noticed acutally likes to swim and ill be setting up a small water tank in large enclosure when i get it.
Might have to watch the humidity though.

afew things to keep in mind is they will always dump in the water! and while they are called water pythons being kept in a glass terrarium with a large body of water will cause a massive spike in humidity especially with a hot day thats asking for scale problems and RI

I would think of how easy it is to clean...I just keep a pretty big container in enclosures that I can lift out and tip down the sink and they seem pretty happy.

Have to agree with dumping in the bigger water tub ...mine are always doing it ...but as they seem to really enjoy the fact that they can take a swim ,its a small pain in the butt to put up with ..just have to change the water more often.. and they are a tad bit more bitey too ;)....but I love them ,great snakes.

The humidity problem could be solved by not using the usual glass lids that come with fish tanks, and instead making up some mesh lids. You basically need to increase the ventilation dramatically if you are keeping them with a large amount of water.....as in the wild.

This has actually given me an idea...perhaps someone could design/invent a water python tank with a section that can be drained easily and have suitable ventilation as well as heat insulation. Water movement and filtration may also be necessary.

Last edited:
I just have a big bowl so it can swim in it but it never goes in it!!!!!!!!!!! ahahahahhaha and i jsut got two platforms and yeah ahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back