How long do beardies live?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

morgs202

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone here knows how long (approx.) beardies are supposed to live for? I've heard anywhere from 10-12 years?

I thought about the same morgs... I knew someone with a 9yo that was "a good age".... I think they had it put down at 10, cuz it started having health issues...

Yeah, mines 9 and is starting to have a few issues :( . it's really upsetting... also, infrared heaters seem to keep him awake

Yeah, mines 9 and is starting to have a few issues :( . it's really upsetting... also, infrared heaters seem to keep him awake

That's sad :( What issues?

I'm sure the red lights keep mine awake too and she's only 5... She's in her prime so I don't have to heat at night, but I can understand why you might want to with an older one...

Guess it depends on care, my big central boy is 13 now and hes still going strong, I'd be interested in how old the oldest know is.

I think 8-12 years is probaly max in captavity.. well so ive read/heard.

I'm sure the red lights keep mine awake too and she's only 5... She's in her prime so I don't have to heat at night, but I can understand why you might want to with an older one...

Sorry if someone has already made this suggestion, but have you thought of trying the ceramic heat emmitters? All the heat without the light!!

Just his immune system has started to struggle quite badly and he's really slowing down :( I've had him at the vets and he's on various meds and they recommended constant heating...

Sorry if someone has already made this suggestion, but have you thought of trying the ceramic heat emmitters? All the heat without the light!!
I went for that but I only had a 75w and it was too late to get to the shops tonight. Managed to find a 100w purple which seems to be working

We had our very first Inland beardie live to 16 years.
We were devastated when he (Big Beards) died.:cry:
We bought him from a mate at 3 years old & he was kept indoors mostly.
Then with us he spent the first 6 years outdoors in a lizard pit.
Then in our avery at the shop untill 6 months ago.
Losing a loved pet is hard.

I have a BHP that is 18 years & is still going strong.

Jason

Our oldest girl died at 14, she was a prolific breeder, usually two clutches a year, the last few years she didnt produce though!

The amount of times I've wished there was a scientific way of making them live exactly as long as me...

Interesting reading. When we bought ours last year, the guy at the pet shop told us they live up to around 20 years!!! Looks like he was bullshitting!!!
:evil::evil::oops:

im with you, the lizards can see the infra red globes, i will have lights out with infra globe on and the animals will hang around but with lights out with ceramic on they will retreat for the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back