Couple of Olive pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakewoman

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This is a two year old Olive my Mum and I were holding this morning. She's a very beautiful and placid snake. I hope to own one one day, but maybe not for a few years. I need more experience with bigger snakes. (And time to save up for them)

there cool looking snakes , i saw my first olive in the flesh today , it was placid aswell the kids enjoyed holding her .
jeremyandelise2.jpg

cheers nico

"My 1st Olive" LOL

This was the first Olive I ever saw or held, and have wanted one ever since! This was at the Alice Springs Reptile Centre back in 2005 (I think). I doubt she is still there since that little ***** broke in and killed all the animals in 2008.....

Attachments

• Around Alice (17).jpg
    Around Alice (17).jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 149
i have always loved the look of olives and want one so badly, but not for a few years, i have already bought a lot in a small period of time, i should slow down a bit haha

beautiful olive jakee. i was doin my research and im thinking that if i were to get one i would get at least a yearling or even a sub-adult, just so they have that extra bit of size and can go straight into an adult enclosure, just with lots of hides

Thanks Scotty, My girl loves to explore her enclosure and I rarely see her in the hide I have provided. Mine has grown extremely quick and has quite an appetite !

This was the first Olive I ever saw or held, and have wanted one ever since! This was at the Alice Springs Reptile Centre back in 2005 (I think). I doubt she is still there since that little ***** broke in and killed all the animals in 2008.....

Wow, that snake is huge and gorgeous. I hope the person that killed those animals is in gaol now :mad:

yeah they do grow ridiculously fast, and because of this i dont want to have to fork out for another tank every few months when they grow out of em. I would rather put them straight into a big tank or put into the rack we are about to build with boxes that are 100cm x 60cm x 20cm. Just as a query, how big is your olive at 5 months?

alright then that would be fine to put straight into the rack and then when it gets to about 5ft (6ft tops) i could move it into a full size enclosure around 6ft x 2ft x 2ft or something like that, cheers

Wow, that snake is huge and gorgeous. I hope the person that killed those animals is in gaol now :mad:

Yes Tahlia. It was so sad. I was there at the time for a friends wedding. It was actually a 12 year old kid who just jumped the back fence. he clubbed most of the lizards and monitors and fed them to the crocodile. Not too sure what they do to a 12 year old for that. Hopefully his parents got a swift kick up the ...

Yes Tahlia. It was so sad. I was there at the time for a friends wedding. It was actually a 12 year old kid who just jumped the back fence. he clubbed most of the lizards and monitors and fed them to the crocodile. Not too sure what they do to a 12 year old for that. Hopefully his parents got a swift kick up the ...

In an Ideal world you would feed the 12 yearold to the crock as well , - oops can I type that??

this is my female olive...awesome snakes.....
102_0548.jpg

102_0559.jpg

It's really sad when a 12 year old does things like that. I hope he doesn't have any pets of his own, they won't last long. I love all these pics too, very nice snakes :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back