Branches, sticks and wood.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbaggins

Reaction score
Just a quick question.

What do I need to do to a branch in order to make it python friendly? I've knocked off all the loose bark, ensured there's no bugs hiding inside it, given it a thorough wash and soak and currently have it baking in what little sun we have left each day to try and sterilise it some.

Should I seal it? Should I knock off anything remotely sharp?

Sounds like you've got it pretty well prepared.
Anything that hurts your finger when you rub over it should be removed to avoid any cuts to your snake.

How long did you soak it for? Usually about 2 days will drown any hiding bugs,etc. Plus with a good and proper bake in the sun it should be good.

Only soaked it for a little while... Will try and do a couple of days soak somehow... don't have a bath in this place.

I took off a lot of pointy bits whilst removing the bark... going to attack it again once it's baked on a hotter day. This will get rid of the last few spikes.

Cheers.

thatl do ya mate thatl be fine though i would knock of the possible sharp bits just incase.

i have heard of putting them in the oven at 100 degrees for 10 min is what you should do. if it will fit. this kills all bacteria and fungus etc.

a good coatb of varnish to seal the timber would be a good idea, also makes it easier to clean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back