Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing! Chris1 asked anyone knows what they are? ...... and he gets 2 pages of wild guesses and stabs in the dark. This is really hilarious.

Haha yeah, happens a lot on APS.

Well i can tell the first one is Perons tree frog....The second is An Eastern Dwarf....I have/ had them both as pets so i can't be wrong ;)

Mine werent guesses or stabs in the dark...

Perhaps not but didn't you say in one of your posts that you're not sure? I doubt anyone can be sure because the shots (especially the second one) were not very diagnostic.
I don't know for sure what those frogs are either and that's why I refrain from contributing half cooked guesses. :D

Meh i was trying to help ..... i said i wasnt sure because i wasnt .... hence why i gave a site where he could maybe go find what they were.... nothing wrong with trying to help ....

I wasnt 100% sure... but i wasnt guessing either lol. Anyways I dont really wanna argue the case... we all know thats not what APS is all about ;) I think this thread has fulfilled its purpose lol

atleast they ruled out cane toad ...nothing wrong with taking a stab ..ID threads can be a learning one too ...

I'm quite certain they are; perons and sedge frogs that's peronii and fallax. It's quite shocking to Queenslanders when there is mis-identification between cane toads and frogs. If it helps at all, the cane toad has a very distinct whooping call rather than the reek of the fallax and the real 'froggy' call of the tree frogs, also unlike the frogs the cane toads can't climb, so you probably wont see them perched on leaves and trees, they most definately will be on the ground.

Perhaps not but didn't you say in one of your posts that you're not sure? I doubt anyone can be sure because the shots (especially the second one) were not very diagnostic.
I don't know for sure what those frogs are either and that's why I refrain from contributing half cooked guesses. :D

Nah the pics are clear enough to tell.

so everyone can tell the difference between a juvenile/subadult jervisiensis and fallax from that photo

The first is Litoria peroni

Cheers,
Scott

Scotts right you can't really tell from that photo. Either way it is a small litoria species.

Peroni is definite in the first pict.

Go outside more often and you will definitely be able to snap more picts of all 3 of these species in your area. I predict with recent rain frogging will be excellent this coming season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back