Monitor Enclosure Pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel_Penrith

Reaction score
These are my enclosures for my black headeds and my pygmy mulgas.
The tristic enclosure is about 2m long by 1.8m high and 800 deep. The mulgas is just a small 3ft melamine.
Feel free to post pics!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 05062010236.jpg
    05062010236.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 454
  • 05062010235.jpg
    05062010235.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 420
I really like the mulgas enclosure, looks sweet. I really wanna get some!
thanks for sharing.

AAAARRGGGHH! Give the poor mulgas some branches :D

Otherwise nice!

Agreed! You're missing out on some of the most entertaining Gilleni behaviour without some height for them. They need some branches and a back wall like your other enclosure and they will be infinitely more enjoyable...

Great work mate, I love small Monitors and pics of their enclosures are always tops...

Looking good, that background is unreal! The only thing i can suggest is maybe give them a hide or two? I dunno if they are similar in this respect, but my ackie loves his hide and he usually retreats there after a feed.

I just got my first monitor today :)
Tristis Orientalis.
Cant wait till it gets some size on it so i can out it in a larger enclosure:)

thanks for the constructive criticism ;) I didnt realise the mulgas liked to climb!! i will def make some changes 2moz!
As for the tristis.... theres a reason u cant see them in the pics there are a few hides in the background... unfortunately it was baught not built. but really its just foam blocks which have been painted and bolted on the back... thing weighs like 100kgs! i still have a few hollows to add with the tristis but they are in the freezer atm killing of all the bugs

great enclosure I envy you, if only I could get my hands on some other monitors;)
good rock backround as well.

Don't think you'll find any bugs capable of killing your monitors on logs mate don't worry!

Beaut enclosures.. do the tristis like to climb? I am in the process of getting an enclosure made for a pair but it's only 60cm high... are they very aboreal?

Are yours tristis tristis or tristis orientalis? Post some pics?

Phil - Yes, Tristis are fantastic climbers...

I wouldn't worry about it only being 60cm tall though, just give them a rough surface on the walls and a few branches.

Yeah I suppose I can build it up for climbing even at 60cm, grab some branches and what not.

Cheers Aslan you're my monitor advice guru!

Here's a pic of my gilleni's tank:
DSC_0163-1.jpg

That was taken when i first got him. He's bigger now and has even more branches which he loves to explore and destroy. Please excuse the white stuff on the glass, just some calcium carbonate that built up when the tank was running as a marine fish tank.

Andrew

Is the light on the right, the one that is on its side a UV compact lamp?

Interesting how many people don't realise that reptiles live in the bush, under logs, rocks, inside hollow branches, under bark - damp, dry etc etc etc... but still need to ensure that there are no 'nasties' on branches or natural decorations that they use in their enclosures. Weird...

Give them something fresh from the bush - no harm will come of it...

I will second that, as long as things like mites and ticks from the bush are controlled natural materials are not harmfull to animals (as most people seem to think!)
Mike

Phil - Hahaha, much more of a compliment than I deserve...

...If nothing else stick some corkboard to the walls, they will comfortably climb that :D

Pythoninfinite - I couldnt agree more, I just chuck timber straight in. If nothing else I have found small Monitors love poking around in new timber bits - not sure it would have the same effect sterilised...

lloydy that fluoro lamp is just there to provide light, It's now been replaced by another spot light to provide a 35-40'C basking area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back