Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 15 large enclosures in the lounge/dining room . There is always something going on in at least one of them . lf you want movement and colour 24/7 get a fish tank or just watch cartoons .

What do you expect? That they're going to do cart wheels for you?
You think your snakes are boring, sell up to people who appreciate them.

Far from it.
Everyone has a different idea of boring.
I lead a pretty busy life..so for me they are nice and calming.
If we were only allowed to keep one reptile..it would have to be a python.

I wholeheartly agree and I've been saying it for years!

Snakes are basically the same theme -a long thing. No legs, eyelids, frills etc to enhance the effect. Just variation on a "long thing" -some a bit fatter some thinner.

Bahaviourallly they are only just one up from other "long things' such as worms. No interesting displays of head bobbing, arm waving, limited social behaviour, colour changing etc etc.

And colour wise. Well really Australia species kept in captivity with very a few exceptions are variations on brown. Brown and more brown....

Boring!, what do you expect from them they are snakes not acrobats, they are doing what they naturally do.

I wouldn't have them any other way

I can think of lots of pythons that aren't just brown.. in fact only olives are just 'brown'.

This is what's wrong with herp keeping as a hobby - so many people go "oh cool I'll get a snake then I'll be cool because that is a bad *** pet" then they get sick of it and get rid of them. Not such a bad thing as someone who likes them will buy but husbandry standards will slip, feeding will slip. Like someone said - you should get a fish tank. When buying snakes what did you think they would do?

I do love the monitors and lizards though and if I only had to have one type of reptile for ever more it would certainly be monitors.

well my little coastals sleep all day dont move at all at night i usually get one out for a "play crawls around for a while usually wraps around the rack i have them on then i spend 10 minutes trying to uncoil them so if you think there boring do the same everything about them is brilliant

hell no, i love my snakes, half of them are generally on the move, and if theyre not i love finding which spot theyve selected to curl up in,...the male bredli is a pain in the bum, sees movement and figures someones home, i deserve to come out,..!!

that being said id still pick beardies over pythons if i had to make a choice. :)

I love my pythons. I also have beardies and they've all been sleeping for 1-2 months now, so probably more quiet than the snakes now. But that's what you get when you get reptiles! It's just how they live, so you have quiet times (during winter) and then they're all awake and alert and doing interesting stuff again when it warms up. I had my bredli girl out yesterday arvo while watching tv, she decided sitting on the coffee table and hugging the remotes was more fun that sitting with me. So I think pythons can still be fun and interesting, just spend some time with them.

Basically you need to enjoy them for what they are, wild creatures living with you. If you're not happy with that, then maybe you picked the wrong animal.

Nukles bahahaha ill smoke you in my VL!!!!!!! you drop kick why would you post **** like that? did you want 500 people giving you ****?

Like others have said they're far from boring. Like anything it's boring if you just sit there and stare at it hoping for it to do something. A race car can be boring if it's sitting there and your just staring at it. Take it out and play with it and it's a totally different story. Same with snakes! Perhaps it's not the snakes that are boring???

You just need to teach them new tricks, Mine jump through burning hoops, and I am training them to ride around the house on a saddled cat...

If you find them too boring I will gladly take them off your hands :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back